Fj60 Distributor vacuum advance (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My fj60 distributor vacuum advance is no working ( not holding any vacuum in primary or secondary ports ) . Diaphragm got to be broken ... I know this part is not longer available from toyota .. But anybody know if this part can be rebuilt or any good replacement that somebody have tried .. ?? Or Where to get one??

I *think* through carquest you can get it rebuilt and they're supposed to rebuild the Vacuum pots, too, but I've never had it done and I'm guessing it's expensive. Might be easier to just find a good used distributor, or a reman unit through NAPA, etc ...

No idea about a substitute... Be nice if somebody found a single diaphragm advancer that worked.

@sacfj60 Cardone rebuilds the distributor and rebuilds the vacuum advancer at the same time. As I recall it was about $200. There is a thread here somewhere where a guy did it. Turned out good. Go to RockAuto.com & drill down to ignition/distributor

image.jpeg

It can’t be done. I’ve gutted one and w/ the opposing diaphragms it’s not possible w/o specialized tools. There’s a guy in NJ who rebuilds single diaphragm ones up to the 70’s. He’s the guy who hooked me up w/ the contact in TX who had 50 new ones, that they sold all of us for a wholesale cost of $50 each. Even them, the place in TX said they couldn’t rebuild one.
Surprised a handful or more aren’t still avail by a mudder here who bought many up then jacked the price up. Possibly Cardone can rebuild it... they’re price was what the mudders starting price was...
Shaft is as noted in the photo. This is one of those new ones. For now it’s not for sale... it’s semi promised to someone else once I can get my act together to get it and a diz to him.

image.jpg

It can’t be done. I’ve gutted one and w/ the opposing diaphragms it’s not possible w/o specialized tools. There’s a guy in NJ who rebuilds single diaphragm ones up to the 70’s. He’s the guy who hooked me up w/ the contact in TX who had 50 new ones, that they sold all of us for a wholesale cost of $50 each.
Surprised a handful or more aren’t still avail by a mudder here who bought many up then jacked the price up. Possibly Cardone can rebuild it... they’re price was what the mudders starting price was...

I ended up with two total from that shop you found. Neither is leaving my grips.

Hmmm. So that straight one would work? I saw something like that on eBay when this guy posted his thread. Price wasn’t too bad.

Does your outer port work? You can hook up to that and advance the timing a bit to compensate.

Idk about that straight one. I was asking you. Looks like it has a clamp sorta attachment on the side of it. Does it come off so the shaft could be passed thru the side of the pot then reattached once through?

And no... I gather if the inner doesn’t work you might not unless you get a tech who doesn’t look close enough. Cap the inner. Give it a shot.

Shaft is too short. Is that one off eBay? I saw one that looked just like that but the shafts are definetly different. I’ll measure mine in a few mins and add a photo like yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom