fj55? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In my search for a fj40, I stumbled on an fj55. Wish I had a bigger garage to get and fj40 and an fj55.
Doesn't seem to be current threads on here for the fj55.( I could be blind and missing it).

I have head that exterior parts are hard to come by. Any other reasons to avoid the fj55?

There is a whole FJ55 section!

They are the unloved bastards of the cruiser world. To me, that makes them likeable. They look unique. They have the same bulletproof drivetrain of the 40s. I love them.

There is a whole FJ55 section!

They are the unloved bastards of the cruiser world. To me, that makes them likeable. They look unique. They have the same bulletproof drivetrain of the 40s. I love them.

For some reason the 45 do not have that problem. Never figured why the 25, 45, 55 were at the bottom of the main page when every other vehicle has a section at the top. Years ago when I joined Mud the main page was nearly so long. Just my personal opinion these should be listed up by the rest. Not that uncommon having someone ask a question like this. More confusing for the 55 because this is the 40-55 section. But once 55 owner find the section at the bottom of the main page they rarely post about their 55 here.

Believe the section being called CruiserRegistry is confusing. Know in the 25 section their is one thread on posting up found 25s but certainly not a registry. Mainly tech and a for sale section. Which is confusing also because unless you know the for sale section is there you never see it.

Now sure is this going to get me banded from Mud? I know about freedom of speech but this is not a publicly owned site.

Last edited:
I wish 40's would've first garnered the nickname "Iron Pig" just because I love the imagery it invokes! But 55's are a little more pig-like in their shape. My 40 could probably pass for a rusty runt of the litter...doesn't exactly have the same ring to it.

Having only known 40's when I first got involved in mud it also took me several years to appreciate the older ones. I've owned some 100's, 80's and some 62 series but they just didn't feel right.
Still love the 40 series and always will. When I ran across a fj45LV few years back I bit off more then I could chew with a project. Now after finding a nice one that chapter closed. As I cruise this crazy website more and more the 55 has grown on me so I too have started looking for one I can drive almost daily and do some trail rides.
Good Luck in your search! Its worth Calling @Dogdoc90, I'm sure he will be able to help you.
Cheers

Having only known 40's when I first got involved in mud it also took me several years to appreciate the older ones. I've owned some 100's, 80's and some 62 series but they just didn't feel right.
Still love the 40 series and always will. When I ran across a fj45LV few years back I bit off more then I could chew with a project. Now after finding a nice one that chapter closed. As I cruise this crazy website more and more the 55 has grown on me so I too have started looking for one I can drive almost daily and do some trail rides.
Good Luck in your search! Its worth Calling @Dogdoc90, I'm sure he will be able to help you.
Cheers
Problem is - I have a one car garage and have my regular car. I want an fj40 and now this. I don’t have money to garage them both. If I had parking I’d do it. I’m in chicago and can’t leave them outside

I have ten acres.... Just store your pig here then I won't have to look for another one. I have two vacant spots under a roof with your name on them. It does include a ferry ride though.

I have ten acres.... Just store your pig here then I won't have to look for another one. I have two vacant spots under a roof with your name on them. It does include a ferry ride though.
I was at orcas island last year. Lovely place!

Im new to the forum, but i just picked up two 72 55's in new mexico. ill post more later when i get the second out of the field. looking forward to learning more about them.
OK. You've had a day - we need pics or it's not real

Finally got to see 55 up close this year. It had a super charged V8. Looked like a pig, ran like a scalded dog. My 40 “The Iron Yak” is named after a passage from the book “No Boundaries”. Fitting.

8D53AD0F-D386-457D-BBF6-E7B9752ADC95.png

1/79 FJ55LG-KA

20170212_165543.jpg
DSCN3065.JPG
DSCN6158.JPG
DSCN8104.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom