FJ45LV find... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I stumbled across this... 68 landcruiser surface rust but parts are all there F moter 6 cyl. Under 70000 miles. Should I hook-up the trailer, and get it ASAP before someone else finds it?

fj45 1.jpg

fj45 2.jpg

fj45 3.jpg

Based on the VIN it is a 1965. The VIN is just 28 newer than mine, and likely built the same week if not same day in May 1965. It may be titled as a 1968, as that is not uncommon to have a later registration vs. year model.

Definitely haul it out of the snow and get her back on the road.

:cheers:

Steve

Thanks! for the info... I have not had my hands on it yet. Just pics and description from the seller. I'm going to take a look at it this week. I've always wanted a FJ45 wagon project. Looking forward to possibly becoming an FJ45 team member.

Damn. I would be posting pics of that LV in my shed already....

I would swap all my rusty junk for that rusty junk in a heartbeat. An LV would be my ultimate 40, but we just never got them in any numbers at all down here in OZ -- only a handful at best. I have never seen one in the flesh and have only come across one Australian LV on the Internet.

I need to find one before my boy grows up any more. He is getting too heavy to keep lifting him through the troopy rear windows for much longer. 4 doors would be luxury! :grinpimp:

GET IT ON THE DAMN TRAILER ALREADY!!!

I stumbled across this... 68 landcruiser surface rust but parts are all there F moter 6 cyl. Under 70000 miles. Should I hook-up the trailer, and get it ASAP before someone else finds it?

this has been for sale for a few weeks... it is close to me, 30 min or so. I called the guy and no answser. if you reply to the add you will get a guy who knows nothing about it and tells you to call the number.

FYI there is atleast another foot to foot and a half of snow up here since that pic.

Went out for look at it... really rough. No title... I offered $500. Even has a kitchen sink!

IMG_4026.jpg

IMG_4022.jpg

IMG_4027.jpg

No... Since they have had some interest in it recently... he would see if anyone else would take a look and bid. I really was hoping for one that was just a little better condtion. I know that there are some good parts there though. And without a title... I don't know hard it would be getting a clear title for it.

Not too hard on something that old. There are companies in "bill of sale" states that essentially buy the vehicle from you, get a title then sell it back with a clear title.

Still, it's not worth much without a title. He should take you up on your offer.

Not too hard on something that old. There are companies in "bill of sale" states that essentially buy the vehicle from you, get a title then sell it back with a clear title.

Still, it's not worth much without a title. He should take you up on your offer.

its more involed in MN. It can be done but its kind of a PITA.

I would not pay a dime over $500 for that thing.

The thing about a truck that old is that you don't have to do it in MN. The companies that provide that service are out of state, but once you get a clean Arkansas title, you should have no problem registering it in MN or any state.

$500 is the right price. You can part it or restore it, but if you restore it you will spend $30-50K in parts and materials getting it really nice. That's without labor.

The thing about a truck that old is that you don't have to do it in MN. The companies that provide that service are out of state, but once you get a clean Arkansas title, you should have no problem registering it in MN or any state.

huh... didnt know you could do that. but yea makes sense.

Bama works on bill of sale on anything 20/25 years old if I recall correctly. I bought my 73 40 outside of Birmingham back in 2002...bill of sale only. No problem getting a PA title with that. I've also gone the route and had a court order title issued. Wasn't too much of a pain. With a bill of sale, vin number, some paperwork and a few pics...done deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom