Found a FJ45LV (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More photos.

IMG_2136.jpeg

IMG_2134.jpeg

IMG_2133.jpeg

IMG_2132.jpeg

IMG_2140.jpeg

Wow, what great find! Congrats. Are your plans to get it running, leave the paint alone and drive it I hope? :)

Wow, what great find! Congrats. Are your plans to get it running, leave the paint alone and drive it I hope? :)
Yes. I’m going to keep it original for now. I have enough projects to key me busy for years. I wish the paint on the roof and hood were better. That will bother me.

Last edited:
I don’t think it would be out of bounds to have the white repainted an off-white flat/matt and it be too out of place with the original green. Or seal the rust on the roof and hood with fluid film and go with it. Love that little detail part between the fender and rockers! Another mostly unmolested rig 🤙.

Gabe you always find the best stuff. I like patina as much as the next guy. But in reality, rust never sleeps. It would be a shame to let rust have its way with such a nice survivor. I’m sure there is no small amount of angst over this for you. And I’m certain I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know. But it really comes down to preserve it or lose it to history down the road.

Gabe you always find the best stuff. I like patina as much as the next guy. But in reality, rust never sleeps. It would be a shame to let rust have its way with such a nice survivor. I’m sure there is no small amount of angst over this for you. And I’m certain I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know. But it really comes down to preserve it or lose it to history down the road.
Exactly. I don’t off road in them. They don’t even see rain or snow. So, I have time to decide.

Absolutely, unreal. So that is what a solid complete LV looks like. Sweet rig. A little patena never hurt anyone. Probably the cleanest survivor I've seen that wasn't exposed to salt. I would try to recreate the white patena and seal the whole thing. Then repair some rust and run it. Having spent a little time on the Mud and the 45LV group lately I discovered where this perfect beast came from. Good luck with it Gabe. Any extra parts shoot me a pm....I know....I'm dreaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom