FJ45 2H swap: which REAR motor/gearbox mount? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ignore the above.. that highlighted part is the alternator bracket. That explains why I've never seen it on the right hand side.. sorry. Too many concurrent tasks on the go :)

If you need the left and right hand brackets for p/s for a 2H to be fitted, I've got the pair. Let me know if you need. These are specifically from a 80-84 HJ60, so the mount orientation is correct for 40 series. Quick way to tell is offset motor alignment pin.

1712870313758.png

Last edited:
...with the correct HJ47 "L" Brackets and using your existing cross member you should be all good to slip a 2H/H41 or H55F combo in.
Hi mate, it seems to be really difficult to source out the HJ47 L-brackets (new or used) for the REAR mounting.
Do the L-brackets from a early HJ60 can do the job? These could be found (fingers crossed) at dismantlers in Europe...

Last edited:
e.g. 51042-60010, Gusset Sub-Assy (LH) or 51041-60010, Gusset Sub-Assy, Crossmember, No.2 (RH)
[08.1980 - 11.1984] FJ6#,HJ60

ed4c3d984eba4d6027b5635de1bdd955.png

Last edited:
J60 series brackets are at a different angle.

A 70 series bracket from 1990’s would take a newer flat h55 mount and the weld on brackets to frame bolt from underneath and new holes can be drilled for main mount. 4 weld on brackets, two inside, two outside.

J60 series brackets are at a different angle...
You mean the early HJ60 (4 speed) brackets, like in the pic the above, included?

Hi mate, it seems to be really difficult to source out the HJ47 L-brackets (new or used) for the REAR mounting.
Do the L-brackets from a early HJ60 can do the job? These could be found (fingers crossed) at dismantlers in Europe...

I dont know.

I dont know.
So the only parts we can be sure they fit (in respect to the REAR mounting L-brackets) are the HJ47 L-brackets.
Thank you and lets source them out, I'm trying already at some dismantlers/wreckers in Australia...

Last edited:
In 2001 i put a H55 in 1981 fj40. I sourced a set of 60 series “L” hangers and they did not match the needed angle.

Drilling a common 7x series mount in my opinion would be easier and CHEAPER. Of you are not doing a concours resto I doubt anyone will care. Still Toyota parts.

In 2001 i put a H55 in 1981 fj40. I sourced a set of 60 series “L” hangers and they did not match the needed angle.

Drilling a common 7x series mount in my opinion would be easier and CHEAPER. Of you are not doing a concours resto I doubt anyone will care. Still Toyota parts.
Sure, if I'll not be able to find the HJ47 L-brackets, I'll go down that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom