'73 FJ40 Wing Vent - New Gaskets and Hard to Open (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We put in some new gaskets on our hard doors. We believe that we put the wing vent hardware back together correctly, but the wing vent will only open about 2.5"

It has been 8 months since we tore the doors apart, and I don't know if we have done somthing incorrectly. It seems like the wing vent is binding at the top at the wing bracket.

Has anyone run into this before? Also, if someone can send pics of the bottom bracket

You may have the limiter plate on the lower end of the shaft not oriented properly.

The wing window needs to fully opened to allow the frame to slide into place.

1693068916640.png

You may have the limiter plate on the lower end of the shaft not oriented properly.

The wing window needs to fully opened to allow the frame to slide into place.

View attachment 3411641
I am trying to remove the Wing Vent window from my 72 FJ. I have removed all the parts below the flange as shown in this picture. Not sure how to access/remove the 2 items(stopper) above the flange?

I believe that when you remove the upper chrome pivot that you will be able to tilt the vent window out and lift up the pieces inside will be free as you lift out the window.

Thanks for reply. Based off the diagram , stopper nut must be corroded in place, on both doors and finding it hard to get in there to break loose. Any amount of PB blaster and force on the topside has not worked to break loose. Thinking of replacing the seal without removing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom