FJ40 after market power steering? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Somebody at South America claiming that he is getting Japanese built after market power steering kit for FJ40. Price is really reasonable . Any of the fj40 people purchased or installed??
Any info on the kit?

powerst5.jpg

powerst4.jpg

powerst3.jpg

powerst2.jpg

powerst1.jpg

That just looks like all factory SA market 40 parts to me

What is reasonable price? Looks like any LHD power steering that doesn't have an air pump. That puts the pump on the top right side where our alternator goes. I would be interested for a non US late 2F.

One thing to remember this pump is made for the top right side where the alternator mounts in the US. Besides the pump wrong for the left side bracket to mount is as well.

Last edited:
Worth it for the steering box and lines. I paid more than that just for a mini truck box.
Take that set up and run the Saginaw box with the cruiser outfitters adapter on a left side bracket and you would be in business real quick.

I exchanged couple of e-mails with the seller. It seems They are at Columbia. I request couple of references but they can not give any USA buyers names. It is little bit of a gamble for $485. If any Columbian mudders can verify , I still consider buying.
Any Mudders in Columbia?

Would they have it shipped from Japan directly to you or pay to Columbia and then ship to the US? Did you get any idea of shipping cost to the US?

Would they have it shipped from Japan directly
I think these are all refurbished/repainted/re-plated parts. The pump reservoir looks new but the pulley does not.

I have never heard of getting remanufactured PS boxes from Japan, especially not older than mid-80s.

If they can't even copy the word DEXRON correctly on the sticker
Hey, they got one out of two :rofl:

Nice catch!

Yeah, that’s not new parts. That’s just someone going to the junkyards, getting all the necessary parts and cleaning them up externally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom