FJ40 after market power steering? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, that’s not new parts. That’s just someone going to the junkyards, getting all the necessary parts and cleaning them up externally.

Not sure I'm buying the hoses and tubing are used parts. Even requiring the box and pump being rebuilt price is hard to pass. The cost of just new empty power box cost as much as this kit.

If they can't even copy the word DEXRON correctly on the sticker it makes the whole thing seem suspect as far as quality.
View attachment 2739294

Besides the misspelled DEXRON the sticker also says powers steering not power steering. Not sure how much I would make out of it being done in a non English speaking country. Would be interested in how correct the Japanese is. That I would have no idea if is correct.

Would wonder if these were from China. Japan is a RHD country and have no idea where they would being getting used LHD power steering boxes. Not sure how many 40 series were sent to Okinawa. Up until the US turn the island back to Japan US required all imported be LHD.

What's the old saying "if it sounds togood to be to be true it probably is". I usually go with my gut and so far it hasn't said pass. But I also have had no contact, only what I've read here. Risk I would take depends how much the money would be missed plays into the decision to gamble.

Not sure I'm buying the hoses and tubing are used parts. Even requiring the box and pump being rebuilt price is hard to pass. The cost of just new empty power box cost as much as this kit.

Besides the misspelled DEXRON the sticker also says powers steering not power steering. Not sure how much I would make out of it being done in a non English speaking country. Would be interested in how correct the Japanese is. That I would have no idea if is correct.

Would wonder if these were from China. Japan is a RHD country and have no idea where they would being getting used LHD power steering boxes. Not sure how many 40 series were sent to Okinawa. Up until the US turn the island back to Japan US required all imported be LHD.

What's the old saying "if it sounds togood to be to be true it probably is". I usually go with my gut and so far it hasn't said pass. But I also have had no contact, only what I've read here. Risk I would take depends how much the money would be missed plays into the decision to gamble.

ok whatever, the hoses are new, the hard lines may be new or just replated. They produce a lot of hard lines down there like the steel brake and clutch lines that run across the firewall. I’ve had to re-flare several, they’re made of much harder, more brittle steel then original.
But we’re really interested in the box and pump.
The seller is referring to them as “Japanese made” because they’re just used OEM parts. I’ve done some parts shopping in South America, that’s just how they refer to things. It’s just translation error. As for the price seems about right for used South American parts. It would probably cost half if you had someone down there buying it for you directly. Stuff like this is a lot more plentiful there and the American dollar is strong

Last edited:
I stared this conversation to find a valid source for power steering. No affiliation with seller. Whatss app # 57-3209205412. I am not a spanish speaker. If you are interested call/text them. I can not get more info from seller .
Let me know

@Tufan I'm calling that number tomorrow to find out about the power steering pump. I don't think I would feel comfortable buying this kit but let me talk to them before I confirm any information. It just seems like a clean unit on the outside with unknown interior condition.

A.J

Last edited:
Bump

Anymorei info? I am interested.

I’m selling a steering box that’s already on US soil and just as untested as a mystery one from Colombia that you may or may not actually ever receive :meh:

I just did one of these conversions. We were going to do a Saginaw on the left side with a traditional aftermarket bracket but decided to keep the cool Non-US air cleaner that would have collided, so pump went to the other side where they are on Non-US 40’s and 60’s.
We used a US 3FE pump and bracket and it bolted right on. It was really difficult to find a belt that fit correctly. Toyota is NLA.

(For Sale - 40 series LHD Power steering box. [FL] - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/40-series-lhd-power-steering-box-fl.1254597/#post-14066134)

7C8A2820-1D32-405C-A9F0-05119F4A8CFA.jpeg

I’m selling a steering box that’s already on US soil and just as untested as a mystery one from Colombia that you may or may not actually ever receive :meh:

I just did one of these conversions. We were going to do a Saginaw on the left side with a traditional aftermarket bracket but decided to keep the cool Non-US air cleaner that would have collided, so pump went to the other side where they are on Non-US 40’s and 60’s.
We used a US 3FE pump and bracket and it bolted right on. It was really difficult to find a belt that fit correctly. Toyota is NLA.

(For Sale - 40 series LHD Power steering box. [FL] - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/40-series-lhd-power-steering-box-fl.1254597/#post-14066134)

View attachment 2798998

Appreciate the offer. Since do not have an immediate use and already have a US market power steering setup would prefer a complete setup for a non US market 40 series. At some point will get my late 2F from Australia imported. It has the Australia only cyclone air cleaner. If I needed just the steering box I have a few mini truck power steering boxes and seen the 40 series LHD case still available. Just a different pedestal is also an option.

I think, I contact the same person for this power steering kit, have you buy and received the kit ?
He asked me 500 US (kit)+ 25 US for shipping from Columbia to Québec !

D9472D61-C42D-41DE-809E-819A670CC205.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom