fj 80 wiper motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jpeace3

Threads
Need info on someone to rebuild wiper motor or info on one that will interchange.

What year?

That is an FZJ80, not an FJ80. That's a good thing because FJ80 wiper motors are discontinued. FZJ80 wiper motors are still available.

85110-60141. Any Toyota dealer can get one. There are no internal parts available, complete motor only.

That is an FZJ80, not an FJ80. That's a good thing because FJ80 wiper motors are discontinued. FZJ80 wiper motors are still available.

85110-60141. Any Toyota dealer can get one. There are no internal parts available, complete motor only.
It’s NLA

Prove me wrong

82063315-2026-47AF-9AB7-C0245F6CA842.png

It’s NLA

Prove me wrong

View attachment 3159309

Well you have a winner. The information I was relying on is not current. This is a recent development. Desert Toyota in Tucson AZ might have one.

On the other hand the OP has 5 model-years of dead vehicles to look through instead of only 2.

Well you have a winner. The information I was relying on is not current. This is a recent development. Desert Toyota in Tucson AZ might have one.

On the other hand the OP has 5 model-years of dead vehicles to look through instead of only 2.
Time for me to go buy some lottery tickets :D Cheers, Dan!

Amayama and Partsouq have 85110-60111. No idea if it's meaningfully different. It's listed for 8/92 and up, FZJ80, HDJ80, HZJ80, LHD.

The wiper link that goes with that is also a different part number. I don't know if that would have an impact. There may also be a conflict between variable intermittent wipers and non-variable (like there is on the US FJ80 vs FZJ80). The cataloging I can see is not at all clear on that. I wish I had better access.

Last edited:

I just purchased a replacement wiper motor for my 1997. The only place I was able to find part 85110-60141 was on toyotapartsdeal.com. 85110-60141 Genuine Toyota Motor Assy, Windshield Wiper - https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem/toyota~motor~assy~windshield~wiper~85110-60141.html It was around $200 after shipping but if I get 25 years out of it like the original motor it's well worth the investment.

The wiper link that goes with that is also a different part number. I don't know if that would have an impact. There may also be a conflict between variable intermittent wipers and non-variable (like there is on the US FJ80 vs FZJ80). The cataloging I can see is not at all clear on that. I wish I had better access.
Does anyone actually know whether the motor (85110-60111) and this linkage (85150-60101) are a perfect replacement for
US FZJ80s?

Does anyone actually know whether the motor (85110-60111) and this linkage (85150-60101) are a perfect replacement for
US FZJ80s?

@SNLC confirmed it in the other thread:

@truthdetector confirmed that the general market linkage bolts to the US market motor:

Seems pretty conclusive at this point that the general market motor and linkage are interchangeable with the US market parts.

@SNLC confirmed it in the other thread:

@truthdetector confirmed that the general market linkage bolts to the US market motor:

Seems pretty conclusive at this point that the general market motor and linkage are interchangeable with the US market parts.
I will share what I find out on my 1997! Thanks, gummy.

Getting ready to try swapping in a new 85150-60101 link set into my 94. The motor is fine. Looking at schematic it not clear to me how the link and bars attach to the motor.

Can anyone experienced tell me how this attaches to the motor so I ready when pull it off? Nut?

wipe.jpg

Thank you.

Getting ready to try swapping in a new 85150-60101 link set into my 94. The motor is fine. Looking at schematic it not clear to me how the link and bars attach to the motor.

Can anyone experienced tell me how this attaches to the motor so I ready when pull it off? Nut?

View attachment 3354486

Thank you.
It snaps on.

My original one was very difficult to snap off, probably due to age and also because I didn't know how it attached. You'll need to pry it off the motor arm until it pops off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom