Fj 12ht Conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
G’day,
I’ve got a 1967 Fj with a Holden 253 in it and I would like to swap out the 253 for a 12ht.
I was just wondering what could be involved thanks!

First you will need one of these ..........

:)

DSCN6737.JPG
DSCN6738.JPG

G’day,
I’ve got a 1967 Fj with a Holden 253 in it and I would like to swap out the 253 for a 12ht.
I was just wondering what could be involved thanks!
You will need to do the following presuming you have either the h41f or the h55f transmission:

Engine mounts

Get a belhousing if the 12ht doesn't come with one, the h41 of h55f both use the same pattern (2h belhousing will work)

May need a fan shroud depending on what you already have

Will need to wire the shut off valve (there is 2 different ones off of memory, need the right one, wiring is easy)

Will need to relocate the Airbox (unless you loose one of the crossovers on the top of the motor or run a length of intake hose across the motor)

New fuel lines and tank (fuel lines will need to be bigger than the petrol, and a decent size return as well)

Wiring (oil pressure, shut off valve, alternator, intake heater if in really cold weather)

Possibly new drive shafts if the transmission is not in the stock location currently

Other than that should be straight forward, tacho sender is in the belhousing if you want to run one. Easy swap, except that you will need to do engine mounts, I would get a new radiator to keep it cool.

May not be all but in a nutshell that is basically what you will need to do.

You will need to do the following presuming you have either the h41f or the h55f transmission:

Engine mounts

Get a belhousing if the 12ht doesn't come with one, the h41 of h55f both use the same pattern (2h belhousing will work)

May need a fan shroud depending on what you already have

Will need to wire the shut off valve (there is 2 different ones off of memory, need the right one, wiring is easy)

Will need to relocate the Airbox (unless you loose one of the crossovers on the top of the motor or run a length of intake hose across the motor)

New fuel lines and tank (fuel lines will need to be bigger than the petrol, and a decent size return as well)

Wiring (oil pressure, shut off valve, alternator, intake heater if in really cold weather)

Possibly new drive shafts if the transmission is not in the stock location currently

Other than that should be straight forward, tacho sender is in the belhousing if you want to run one. Easy swap, except that you will need to do engine mounts, I would get a new radiator to keep it cool.

May not be all but in a nutshell that is basically what you will need to do.
Thank you very much! It is a hj45, love your work Cob!

Check out my build thread in the 45 clubhouse. I installed a 12HT into my 45.

How do I find it? What is the clubhouse? Thanks/sorry.
This is the one. Absolutely top build

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom