Builds Fix'n up the Land Cruiser..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had no idea this was even an issue. I learn something new daily here.
Airplane knuckle dragers should know these things.

Airplane knuckle dragers should know these things.
To be fair, I haven’t turned a wrench on jets in many years. And my hood doesn’t flip-flop like John Kerry.:flipoff2:

Paul’s attention to detail and diving as deep as he is, is awesome. It’s a lot all at once so fingers crossed she runs *perfectly* straight out the gate.

To be fair, I haven’t turned a wrench on jets in many years. And my hood doesn’t flip-flop like John Kerry.:flipoff2:

Paul’s attention to detail and diving as deep as he is, is awesome. It’s a lot all at once so fingers crossed she runs *perfectly* straight out the gate.
Gutsy indeed but lost time is lost time.

Same, what a wonderful place.

This also answers why the PO of my rig sprayed foam insulation in the seams of my bonnet, which was confounding to me when I removed the hood insulation pad to replace it this week.

I had been debating whether or not to cut it out while I wait for the new insulation pad to arrive.

@TYM4FUN yours looks a lot cleaner.

Same, what a wonderful place.

This also answers why the PO of my rig sprayed foam insulation in the seams of my bonnet, which was confounding to me when I removed the hood insulation pad to replace it this week.

I had been debating whether or not to cut it out while I wait for the new insulation pad to arrive.

@TYM4FUN yours looks a lot cleaner.

Top panel of my hood would dance up and down while at speed. Factory sealer fails.

Top panel of my hood would dance up and down while at speed. Factory sealer fails.
I haven’t noticed this happening on mine. I don’t even have the factor heat blanket/shield anymore. This thread makes me think that my years long rolling restoration is seriously lacking…..

I haven’t noticed this happening on mine. I don’t even have the factor heat blanket/shield anymore. This thread makes me think that my years long rolling restoration is seriously lacking…..

From what I have seen you have kept yours up well! Thought after thought, I come to the conclusion that a few months now will save me many fold more in the future of time and money.

From what I have seen you have kept yours up well! Thought after thought, I come to the conclusion that a few months now will save me many fold more in the future of time and money.

I agree. It's far easier and more efficient to do a chunk of stuff in one big hit than it is to do bits and pieces. Plus, you can get in and do a thorough job of stuff you might otherwise rush, or put off

Misc bits came in. Large seal on the hood had to be removed for the cleaning process, so new clips for that. New fender liners to replace the missing and damaged ones and clips. Never fails that I lose the A/C tensioner bolt, so a new one. New dizzy rotor, plugs, inspection cover and an air intake hose.

20211103_144028.jpg

20211103_155748.jpg

Dangled the power steering cooler for a couple days and slowly added fluid. I would top up and self bleed over time then repeat.

20211103_160546.jpg

Oil pan back on.

20211103_160849.jpg

Last edited:
Are you winding this up now. Amazing work man. Thorough would be an understatement.

Last edited:
@FMC80 I did do some other little things while waiting for the valve cover.

New washer bottle (smaller size) installed.

20211201_103627.jpg

With that I aIso ordered new ignition wire cover bolts, steering reservoir cap and some brake stuff.

20211130_151423.jpg

Instead of back tracking line I should, I’ll buy you for the part number of the horns….

Getting closer. What was your reason for the smaller washer fluid bottle?

Gotta love the 200 horns. Those are probably going on my 97. My 94 got the CT200h horns which also sound sexy.

@baldilocks 08522-60010

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom