Fixing the 73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my dad passed away November 22. Going to make him proud when I get.

20200124_171312_HDR.jpg

20200124_190642_HDR.jpg

20200124_190707_HDR.jpg

20200206_132943.jpg

20200206_132952_HDR.jpg

Nice truck ... sorry about your dads passing

I assume this was his?

Btw you do not need that monstrous Mallory ignition coil... an F155 will never rev high enough for it to make any difference ... stocker coil or other oil filled coil that has a bit more umph is more than enough

Sorry about your Dad. I lost mine 3 years ago this month. Looks like he left you nice project so you’ll think about him often.

Thanks guys. Yes it was his. He put the Mallory on it. Always had problems burning his points. How heavy is that tub and Cowl going to be to lift off the frame? Can 2 people do it?

Thanks guys. Yes it was his. He put the Mallory on it. Always had problems burning his points. How heavy is that tub and Cowl going to be to lift off the frame? Can 2 people do it?
Recommend a 3rd at minimum. I did it with 2, but we used straps and an engine hoist.

I have been bagging and marking every piece i take off. He just had the motor rebuilt a few years ago. He put everything stock back in it. Runs great, radiator leaks and its leaking oil from the plate under the oil pan.

I have been bagging and marking every piece i take off. He just had the motor rebuilt a few years ago. He put everything stock back in it. Runs great, radiator leaks and its leaking oil from the plate under the oil pan.
Recommend a 3rd at minimum. I did it with 2, but we used straps and an engine hoist.
Ok cool so its pretty heavy?

He has another land cruiser. Its a 1991 though. I am flying out to California on 11th to clean out his house and move the rest of the stuff. I think i need to sell the other one. If anyone knows of someone that might be interested.

It’s about to get real now! I wish I were closer to lend a hand.

There should be some cruiserheads in Lubbock.
I know a great cruiser guy in Amarillo (2hrs). His mud handle is @POTATO LAUNCHER.

Pics would help to know what the issue is. Potentially weld from inside of pan if leak area can be seen from inside pan side

That's probably a rust problem at the oilpan/skidplate joint. Usually best to source a new pan...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom