Firewood? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Humboldt cut, that’s what the loggers do. They say two reasons 1. Better control of the fall 2. Less waste.

OK

I didn't look at your face-cut carefully....I see the Humboldt now. 👍

Should have noticed....I use it a lot.

I’m curious why you brought that tree down in the first place.
65113E86-6F1D-4743-881C-255077D40ADA.jpeg

Putting up an 8x12 greenhouse
24152502-AB30-469C-8C11-78CC4D3C31F0.jpeg

62214F97-DBB6-4818-BC39-B44578D831DA.jpeg

With that fir tree gone it’s the best location on my property for sunlight. Need to get this done for the wife so I can take about 11 days off at the end of April to work on my Crater Lake property.
0DAC6006-D5C4-4D47-8352-4EF30787772D.jpeg

Go figure… you setup a greenhouse in 70F weather and then old man winter steps in during the middle of April…

Last edited:
Felling several hazard trees for a Boy Scout camp.

View attachment 2971012

"Leaners' to boot! Those are always fun.

Good job....!

I can tell a Pro when I see a good escape route, looking up to see movement of the top, proper use of wedges, wearing PPE and using good equipment. 👍

I like that axe BTW.....I have the same one.

Good of you to utilize the resource from an otherwise broken up and dying tree. THAT is proper stewardship IMO.

I'm guessing a mature Blue Oak would be a fairly prized tree to have if the pics of the landscape are representative of that area?

I know it varies spot to spot.

Some places out West look so 'open' to me. I am used to having to weave my way around the trees (Pines and Hardwoods) where I live.

That's one heck of a pile of firewood. Good job taking care of the land. 👍

Had a rough day, maybe 2 cords between both trucks.

Conditions sucked, steep slopes, wet snow, stuck trucks, trees that wouldn't cooperate.

20220423_143217.jpg
20220423_165609.jpg
20220423_163535.jpg

First tree of the day, big fir, pinched my bar and bent it. Dammit.

Switched to a spare 20" bar I carry and bucked up some other fir that we fell, later in the afternoon after it ran out of fuel it started acting strange.

It would start while choked. Once I gave it any throttle it just dies, like someone turns it off dead. If I had it running while choked and went to full throttle it would run for maybe 20-30 seconds, then DIE. No spitting or sputtering, straight up dies like someone pulled the plug.

Now it won't even start, I even drained the fuel from it and filled it up with newer, fresh fuel.

Summbitch.
20220423_112428.jpg
20220423_112442.jpg

bah, t'is but a scratch...! nothing that some gentle massaging would not fix...

Oh yeah, this is the MS-462C M-Tronic saw.
Start your saw in the triangle position. Disengage the chain brake and let it run for about 90 seconds. It will recalibrate to the fuel you are using and the elevation.
I have to do it when I go to or from from the ranch (1,200ft) to the mountains (8,000ft).

Start your saw in the triangle position. Disengage the chain brake and let it run for about 90 seconds. It will recalibrate to the fuel you are using and the elevation.
I have to do it when I go to or from from the ranch (1,200ft) to the mountains (8,000ft).
I'll give it a shot, if I can get it to start.

While I was up cutting I tried to go through the reset process but it just kept shutting down.

No dice.

It fired right up on the first pull, ran it for 90 seconds on the triangle.

Shut it off.

Fired it up again on the triangle, let it idle for about 60 seconds, ran it at full throttle to run the reset, about 60 seconds into that it just shut down. Done.

Now it won't start at all, feels like it's bound up or something. It pulls, bit it pulls a lot tighter than usual, even with the deco button in. Also feels hotter than usual.

Sounds like a trip to the saw shop tomorrow.

Will be interesting to hear what the issue/ fix is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom