For Sale Finland - 1997 Land Cruiser HDJ80, LHD, Manual 5-speed, 3x locked, 1HD-FT (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Selling this rare 80 series. It's from 1997 which makes it one of the last ones built. 1HD-FT engine, LHD with a manual 5-speed transmission. Uncommon 'poverty' model with the barn doors, triple locked. Driven a bit over 394tkm, which according to the internet is around 245k miles.

Located in Finland, been imported here from Austria, well taken care of, no major issues, still regularly taking it for a drive myself. Things to note are a small crack in the windscreen, the spare tire carrier has been removed, drivers seat is damaged/ripped from the side, central locking is not working, and then the previous owner has drilled a small hole on the side of the hood more or less around where you'd expect a snorkel to go, which has been taped over.

Body rust very limited, which is unusual over here, frame is similarly in good condition.

Current tires are BFG KO2 All-Terrains with only some thousands of kms on them (285/75/16, so ~33").

EGR parts have been removed by one of the previous owners, but the parts are still available/included. Some extras installed relatively recently such as a diesel heater (Webasto) for pre-heating the engine/inside, double DIN radio, turbo boost gauge, those metal things under the doors on the sides, extra driving lights, tow bar with additional reversing lights.

Surely some things have been left unsaid so feel free to ask questions here or in PM. Asking price 30,000 EUR. Willing to help figure out shipping and other practical arrangements.

>>>Latest price drop 25k USD

>>>>>>Limited time price drop to 20k USD, please read through the last post(s).

`1.jpg
`2.jpg
`3.jpg
`4.jpg
`5.jpg

Last edited:
Did you happen to list this on Landcruiserclub.net as well? It’s more of a European version of mud.
No I'm not on there, I've come across it but have been getting my info from here mostly. It's a good idea though, I haven't been trying to sell that actively so I've been rather lazy with the listing, it's only listed one other place for now.

May I suggest editing the original post to reflect the new price? Potential buyers might see the old price and stop reading.

USD$25k is a bargain, even factoring in import costs.

GLWS
For some reason I thought I wasn't able to edit it but I was, thanks for the suggestion and promoting words.

Hello again. Ended up not selling last time so here again with a new update/proposal.

The truck has mostly been standing, but then came the time to go on a prolonged trip in the direction of Germany and I decided to go bring the LC along with the idea of trying to work on it / possibly sell it over there, or that it'd otherwise be easier to ship it across the ocean from there as well, so anyway it's been driven maybe around 1000km since last time I posted. It's stored in Denmark at the moment as two side windows got smashed in by some a****** recently (both doors right side) while we've been staying at a friend's here, and my insurance unfortunately won't cover this 'source of damage'. I didn't take the time to fix the other issues mentioned in this thread before departure, so those are also still there, only did a quick engine oil/filter change as it was about time. I by the way also got liquids for the gearbox/tcase/diffs, but haven't done the work yet. It's become more likely that the wobble when braking I mentioned earlier is related to brake parts, as I noted the brake light occasionally going on/off on the way here. Another new issue is the gas pedal was feeling somewhat sticky while on the way here, it was worse when cold. And a noise has appeared and then slowly gotten worse under the hood, think it comes from the alternator belt. Finally to be honest it doesn't look exactly as neat as the pics in the OP anymore, they've gotten a bit old by now. ;)

Reading over what I just wrote brings something to mind along the lines of 'what kind of advertising is this', hehe, but there you have it. Anyhow, something came up so I actually need to return to Finland for a short while. I generally have the idea to come back here and continue with all the work, but frankly speaking if I'm able to sell it I'd prefer not to have to deal with all of it at this point. I mean I'm quite into figuring things out and fixing them and it's a nice truck to work on, but I've got some other things going so the inconvenience side is outweighing my motivation at the moment. About the windows, a quick asking around made it appear to be not the best idea sourcing new windows here, multiple shops answered negatively and a local toyo dealer quoted me 500EUR+ for both here with overly long delivery times, don't quite get it, but would probably bring them from Finland when I come back.

All that said, I thought about it a bunch and willing to give the truck up for 20k USD right now if taken as is. Temporary offer, figured I might as well try and maybe someone will bite given the price. Despite all the faults mentioned it is drivable, so it can relatively easily be brought to a port somewhere, or otherwise some carrier-type transport can always be arranged if you want to be safe. Also going to try listing it on some German sites soon, circumstances got me quite motivated to sell at the moment, somewhat unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom