For Sale Switzerland: 1997 Poverty Pack Barn Door HDJ80 w/ 1HD-FT + 5-speed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
white
Outside Link
https://en.comparis.ch/carfinder/marktplatz/details/show/30141514
Just saw this and thought someone might be interested. It's basically a twin for mine, but this one has more km's and no a/c. Otherwise the same spec. It even has the same shin-busting trailer hitch contraption on it that mine had when I bought it.

Rare combination of 1HD-FT 24 valve turbo diesel motor, 5-speed transmission, Front, Center, and Rear locking differentials, with "poverty pack" vinyl interior, manual roll-up windows, manual door locks, no sunroof, and swing out rear doors (aka ambulance doors or barn doors).

Can't say I care for the PO's wheel and tire choices, but to each his own and easy to fix in any case. If I had to guess, I'd say this car has been repainted at some point, and it probably wears standard-issue Swiss black tar undercoating. Not much else to be gleaned from the photos--inquiries would need to be made for more information.

You should probably know (if you don't already) that everything is expensive in Switzerland, and this car is no exception. Seller is asking CHF45990, which is about US$53,500 today.

Here's some photos from the ad:
1.jpg

3.jpg
6.jpg

I would think that would be straightforward to add?

Snag the 1HD-FT compressor bracket and then everything else could come from a donor US FZJ80?

it would be the perfect combination of my old poverty pack HZJ80 and my current FT 80. Very cool.

Stedman can get the FT a/c bracket and pulley bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom