Finally picked up a GX! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After a couple months of searching I finally pulled the trigger and picked up GX 470, by far the nicest vehicle I have ever owned...

This will be our family vehicle/adventure vehicle!

08' Pearl/Ivory non-kdss, non-nav...
-120k miles
-Military vet owned, NC vehicle maintained it's entire life by Johnson Lexus (Raleigh)

*if the perspective of the pictures look like they were taken at 3' that's because my wonderful niece took them after crawling all over the truck haha... shes ready to go wheeling.*

IMG_4943 (1)

IMG_4950

IMG_4951

IMG_4954

To do's... I will probably do another thread on "mild build"...

1- Oil change + Filter ...cabin filter/air filter/ spark plugs
-Thinking of doing an Auto RX treatment with Dino oil prior to going to my typical synthetic.. opinions and wisdom welcomed

2- Timing Belt/WP with OEM parts

3-Full detail, 1 step polish... topped off with some ceramic coating (GTechniq)

4- Lift decision and tire decisions ... probably 2.5 + stock wheels and 255's

So stoked!!

I’m looking at the same year, do you mind posting how much you got it for? To help me comparison shop

I’m looking at the same year, do you mind posting how much you got it for? To help me comparison shop

Not at all my friend...

List price was $16,995... but we got it for $17,000 out the door that included tax, tag, and title.

(I bought at used car lot although it was not 'theirs' as it was being sold for the car lot owner's friend)

One-owner, great service history from Johnson Lexus...purchased and owned it's entire life thus far in Raleigh). No a single dent or ding, Johnson Lexus did respray the front bumper cover last year for rock chip repair, really helps out the front. No accidents...

Not the exact color combination we were looking for but maintenance and history were first requirements.

On a side note, we drove quite a few ranging from 90k mile poor maintenance'd ...to 200k mile well used and abused. They essentially all drove the same which is a dang good testament to these things...great platform, great design.

Great find! This July will make 2 years with ours, also a white/tan '08 with (at the time of purchase) 118k on the clock. i did the same PM as you, but added spark plugs, thermostat, and fan clutch. Most of the fluids (diff, t case, brakes etc. ) were also done.

I have Billsteins leveling up the front with SR5 wheels and 255/80s. I did need to push the front liners forward and trim the inner lower corners of the front bumper to clear that wheel/tire combo. I also had leakage from a CV boot once my suspension angle changed, so I picked up these clamps: CV clamp kit (6 piece) Once installed, no more leaks; the boots are showing cracks, but so far so good.

Welcome to the club!, Congrats

Thanks for the info, sounds about right for the ‘08s I’ve been seeing! Glad you found a good one!

Great find! This July will make 2 years with ours, also a white/tan '08 with (at the time of purchase) 118k on the clock. i did the same PM as you, but added spark plugs, thermostat, and fan clutch. Most of the fluids (diff, t case, brakes etc. ) were also done.

I have Billsteins leveling up the front with SR5 wheels and 255/80s. I did need to push the front liners forward and trim the inner lower corners of the front bumper to clear that wheel/tire combo. I also had leakage from a CV boot once my suspension angle changed, so I picked up these clamps: CV clamp kit (6 piece) Once installed, no more leaks; the boots are showing cracks, but so far so good.

Ahh yes definitely thermostat also...I plan on doing the plugs as well. The clutch fan and radiator were replaced by dealer at 110k along with driveline fluid flush/change.

What leveling set up in particular did you go with up front?

Thank man!

What leveling set up in particular did you go with up front?

Thank man!

I have some 5100s and OEM 4R springs for now. It was enough to lift the front 2". The rear has a slight lift (3/4"), due to the spacers included with the SSO rear conversion. I plan on Dobinsons 2" front and .75" rear later in the year to firm up the ride a bit, as this current set up is softer than I like. Maybe the next black Friday sale ;)

Not at all my friend...

List price was $16,995... but we got it for $17,000 out the door that included tax, tag, and title.

(I bought at used car lot although it was not 'theirs' as it was being sold for the car lot owner's friend)

One-owner, great service history from Johnson Lexus...purchased and owned it's entire life thus far in Raleigh). No a single dent or ding, Johnson Lexus did respray the front bumper cover last year for rock chip repair, really helps out the front. No accidents...

Not the exact color combination we were looking for but maintenance and history were first requirements.

On a side note, we drove quite a few ranging from 90k mile poor maintenance'd ...to 200k mile well used and abused. They essentially all drove the same which is a dang good testament to these things...great platform, great design.

Thats a very good price at a dealer for an 08 at least around me. I just got a got an 08 in Nautical Blue without KDDS but with nav, rear AC, and rear DVD for $16,500 private party. It was a one owner all dealer serviced car with 87k

Nice pick up! I just bought a white one too, 94k no KDSS, non-nav for $15,500. The newer ones seem more expensive, so that price makes sense. I have the light maple trim though, which is even worse..

:cheers:

we have two 2004s - we really like the idea of having a transfercase, even though we hardly need that, as we drive both GXs mostly in-town - hence, we also do not see a need to "build" them - (we have other wheelers)

That was the color combo I was looking for but ended up with silver. Already a great looking rig. Can't wait to see what you do with it. With FJ wheels I run 255/80/17s with no lift.

That was the color combo I was looking for but ended up with silver. Already a great looking rig. Can't wait to see what you do with it. With FJ wheels I run 255/80/17s with no lift.

Did you need to trim at all to fit those?

Paid $18k out the door this past November for a fully optioned (minus KDSS) '07 with 102k miles that spent its entire life babied by a dealer in Houston. The frame is still black like it's new, dash recall done, timing belt done, brand new steering rack to address a boot leak. Not a scratch or dent to be found, no paint fade, seats in great condition. All I've done so far is replace all drive train fluids and replaced the wheels/tires with something more OHV-trail friendly, and installed Gabriel struts/shocks meant for an '07 4runner. I wouldn't say it was the deal of the century, but the truck is as clean and straight as I could ever have hoped it to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom