Final ARB prerunner bar (pics) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well here is the final piece. I decided to go with powdercoat/clear lacquer. It came out quite nice. ( the color is a graphite/metallic flake) Final cost of the project just under $450.00 . The guys quoted me under $200.00 for my rear Slee bumper, so that and the sliders are next. Amazing, they basically "cook off" the old powder coat, sandblast, and repaint it in the same shop...amazingly inexpensive.
airlaird

Last edited:
thats pretty bad ass man

few side notes
why didnt you re enforce the shackle mounts in the front? also why not fill in the the little indent where the arb decal used to be?

Good question

Good question...I was lucky to get the guy to finish this thing in a week.... I needed 1" steel for the tow hooks and did not have it readily available. Also, if I need a pull, I'll use the factory tow hooks which were also painted).
airlaird

looks awesome!

great job!

what does the $450 cover?

Looks good. What lights are you running up front and is that scoop from a 4Runner?

$450.00 was the bar fab AND paint ( I knew some folks ;). It was always a non-winch bar. The scoop was from a Mustang GT...I blatantly STOLE the idea from Gary Coberly's 80 years ago.
airlaird

$450.00 was the bar fab AND paint ( I knew some folks ;). It was always a non-winch bar. The scoop was from a Mustang GT...I blatantly STOLE the idea from Gary Coberly's 80 years ago.
airlaird

hopefully, you also stole the bar, otherwise it's getting up there..

but then again originality is priceless! :)

It reminds me of Slee's Front Bus Bumper. I like the lights in the bumper too.

Nice work

turned out great, I know alot of people don't really like the pre-runner style, but I think something different is always a good thing, especially when it turns out as good as yours.
what year Mustang did that come off of? is ti functional or decoration only?

turned out great, I know alot of people don't really like the pre-runner style, but I think something different is always a good thing, especially when it turns out as good as yours.
what year Mustang did that come off of? is ti functional or decoration only?

Yep the scoop is functional. Two 4" holes are underneath it. The 4" PIAA's I did myself about a year ago.
airlaird

The paint looks very nice. As for the bumper, the workmanship looks decent but I gotta say I don't like that the side peices cut across the headlights. Just my opinion. But thumbs up for doing it! I'm planning on something similar with my ARB and I've liked seeing how your's came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom