Filling holes in roof trim with aftermarket rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2007 LX. I have the prinsu roof rack and am aware I need to drill/cut out the "middle" section of the aluminum roof trim to access the third mounting point. What's weird is that the forward stock mount is not used by the prinsu. Pictures worth a thousand words:

1670080821648.png

How should I fill that hole in the stock trim? Is the trim piece intended to keep water out or is water intrusion not a big deal here as long as the bolt holes are filled?

You can order the filler pieces from Partsouq. I did the same a few years ago.

How should I fill that hole in the stock trim? Is the trim piece intended to keep water out or is water intrusion not a big deal here as long as the bolt holes are filled?
I don't think it is a big deal.... especially in your location. As long as you fill the bolt holes and waterproof w/ silicone.

No idea. I bought them years ago. It'll take some sifting through parts diagrams but you can do it.

I think it's 7555760010. Just ordered one and will let you know if it fits.

That is the correct part number for the small black plastic trim piece that covers the roof rack mounting points. I've ordered 7 of them... because one flew off somehow.

7555760010.jpg

It took me a while to make my peace with it but I removed that entire trim piece . It's nice being able to clean that channel out and monitor for any debris / water build up.

It took me a while to make my peace with it but I removed that entire trim piece . It's nice being able to clean that channel out and monitor for any debris / water build up.

I was wondering about that. Why even keep the trim if you're installing a Prinsu style rack?

Would someone happen to have a pic of the roof gutter sans trim?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom