Featured 100: Greg B (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

looks killer .nice clean job.
with all the crazy fools on the road tell the wife its for her safety.
thats what i did with front and rear and when she wasnt looking i put on the lift and she didnt :D :D complane much.

Looks great! That drawer system is sweet!

Very nice truck. Looks very functional.

Thanks for sharing.

Nice write up Greg. I think green is the best toyota color. You have to add a few more scratches because that thing is just too clean.

Do you still regret buying that ARB Delux Bar? I'll be passing by KY this summer and would be glad to swap my TJM T-3 Classique for your ARB.

EDIT: Nevermind...I see you are waiting on the new SLEE Front Bumper.

That Imperial Jade is a very nice color. Well built rig and well written build-up !! :cheers:

Do you still regret buying that ARB Delux Bar? I'll be passing by KY this summer and would be glad to swap my TJM T-3 Classique for your ARB.

EDIT: Nevermind...I see you are waiting on the new SLEE Front Bumper.

The Deluxe bar is not so Deluxe anymore. Snook's modified ARB gave me inspiration to do something different. I cut the top grill protection off completely. Its like a Saharra bar without the hoop. I'm also going to shorten it by about two inches, weld up some holes, and fit a winch to it.

I'm also going to a monochromatic look and I'm painting my bumper and sliders green instead of gray. I plan on spraying these in the next few weeks since its warming up outside. I also need to have the trim panels re-painted, the ones on the passenger side are peeling, but I'm going to have a body shop do those. I'm going to have them re-painted green instead of the gray. While its at the body shop, I'm either going to have the rear spoiler holes welded/filled in or if that's too expensive, I'll just them paint the spoiler to match the rest of the 100.

Last edited:
Any new pictures of your bumper?

Cheers,

Please take all the time you need before you're ready to unveiling.
(my fingers is tapping on the desk)

Cheers,

Snook,
Just for you! I've been going at it yesterday and today. These are all the pics you get though. The rest will come soon enough. :grinpimp:

So far, I have cut two inches out of the crush can area. I basically just cut the accordian section out and then welded the mounts back to the winch mount. Then I cut 1 3/4 inches out of the mounts that slide over the frame. In total I have moved the ARB back 3 3/4 inches. As you can see from the pics, there is almost 4 inches of bumper that need to be cut out of the wheel well. My list for tomorrow includes cut the bumper wings, welding in new pieces into the ends, adding some gussets to strengthen the wings a bit, and weld a piece of angle iron across the back of the bumper. I also need to fill in the holes from the bars where they went through the top of the bumper and fill in some holes from the bumperette area. Then, I need to finish welding the bumper mounts back to the winch mount (they're only tacked on right now). Finally, I need to sand and paint everything. Man, this project is taking a lot of time, but it will be worth it when I'm done.
Fender Trim 1.jpg
Fender Trim 2.jpg

Last edited:
great looking rig. I too will be going this route so I don't upset the wife.

Thanks for the great write up!

-tony

I've been meaning to chop my ARB too but with the Slee bumper do any day now, I've put it off.

great looking rig. I too will be going this route so I don't upset the wife.

Thanks for the great write up!

-tony

Thanks Tony! :cheers:

I've been meaning to chop my ARB too but with the Slee bumper do any day now, I've put it off.

I had already cut off the top portion of the bumper last year, so I was already somewhat committed. It is a lot of work, but other than my time it's a free upgrade. I actually like the look a lot so far. We'll see once I have it finished and painted. If I hate it, I only have $500 in it anyways (I bought it as a scratch and dent from ARB directly several years ago).

As far as the Slee bumper goes, I like it ok. I'm just so-so on the wing design and how open it is in the winch area. I haven't seen the final version yet, so I'll save my opinions until it is finalized. Knowing me, I'll probably get tired of the chopped ARB and end up getting a Slee at some point anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom