Featured 100: Greg B (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks good Greg! I, too, am very curious to see Christo's front bumper design.

That friggin' dark green. Damn it! I KNEW I should have bought this from you instead of building that LX450.

Oh.....and I absolutely luv some of the statements on this thread. It's my new favorite thread.

:cool: :grinpimp: :D

Excellent rig! Anybody know when Slee will have his front bumper available? I need one now.........

That friggin' dark green. Damn it! I KNEW I should have bought this from you instead of building that LX450.

Oh.....and I absolutely luv some of the statements on this thread. It's my new favorite thread.

:cool: :grinpimp: :D

N74L is on my shopping list.

Sorry, my big mistake. :whoops: :rolleyes:

let's not start again the L arguments here, OK! :)

Thanks for sharing Greg - Awsome looking 100 you have there. Nice pics too.

Great points on your selection of mods - it will be very helpful to me and that is what this thread should be. Great job.

GREG: What were your impressions of the 100 on those Moab trails?

Capability?
Size vs trail?
Lift height vs trail?
IFS?

I'd luv to hear how you felt about the 100 while in Moab......thanks! J

Excellent rig! Anybody know when Slee will have his front bumper available? I need one now.........

thanks for the compliment!

As for the bumper, I'm not expecting before sometime this fall. Christo said he was building one for Moab and then Ultimate Adventure in June to test it out. So, with that in mind, I would think it would take at least a couple months after that to get them into production. I'm not trying to speak for Christo, just guessing based on his comments in his SFA 100 thread.

GREG: What were your impressions of the 100 on those Moab trails?

Capability?
Size vs trail?
Lift height vs trail?
IFS?

I'd luv to hear how you felt about the 100 while in Moab......thanks! J

The 100 did fine in Moab. I had a great time and so did my Dad and son. Overall, the 100 did great on the trails it went on. I did Fins and Things, Gold Bar Rim, and Poison Spider. There were a couple of times where I intentionally took a harder line and couldn't make it up. So I backed off and took an easier line with no issues.

I will definitely have a rear ARB locker when I go back next year. I could have taken several harder lines if I had a rear locker. When you get the front end up in the air and all the weight is on the back, ATRAC just won't get you over rocks if you're twisted up much at all. A rear ARB would have pushed me over with no worries. Don't get the wrong idea though, ATRAC will get you through a lot without a locker and the few times I couldn't take the line I wanted, it was mostly just to test the 100's limits.

Next year, I hope to run Hell's Revenge, Golden Spike, and something scenic like Elephant Hill.

Over our entire trip (Louisville to the Grand Canyon, then to Zion, then to Moab and back home) we covered 4300 miles in 100 series luxury. We camped 8 nights, carried tons of gear, and wheeled for 3 days in Moab. Some have made comments that 100's can't wheel very well, and while its true they are big and heavy, with a little armor they can handle a lot. I'll leave it at this, there is nothing out there that can handle 4 rated trails with more luxury and comfort than a 100 series.

This is the one I'm showing the wife! I want the same step sliders and rear bumper on mine, but I can't get her to let go of the "luxury look."

Nice "stealth" look GregB!

Great looking rig and nice choice of mods! This really helps me choose the direction I want to go. I'm heading over to Slee's in the next few weeks to begin the process and lighten my wallet a bit!

This is the one I'm showing the wife! I want the same step sliders and rear bumper on mine, but I can't get her to let go of the "luxury look."

Nice "stealth" look GregB!

Oh yeah, me too! Not only is the stealth look cool, but it's also easier to convince the wife to go for these type of mods.

Killer 100 Greg!

Greg has it correct. It will be while, sorry. These things take time. Welding first prototype this weekend.

Will it look like the 80 Shortbus? I love that thing!. Guess I'll have to buy somthing for the interim or continue embarrassing my wife with the "white-trash" Cruiser...lol.....

Nice looking rig....can't wait to get to Moab this year..hopefully see you there next year...

Very nice build with lots of good ideas. Thanks.

Very nice!! I really like the conservative approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom