Favorite Floor jack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I get lazy and jack the front up from the middle of the stainless Budbuilt skids. They're like tank armor. :)
I generally lift each corner from frame rail or slider and use 3 ton jack stands but I have also lifted from my BB skids. Also, no need to "clear the air" above. I also wasn't making any claim as to which jack is better to get wheels off the ground. My only point was that you need to know what the lift height you need is and buy the appropriate jack (stating the obvious for sure).

Hopefully this is the year the lift goes in and I'm done jacking with jacks...

I have a lift, and still use the jack and ramps frequently. They just seem easier for a lot of things. Sorry if I'm drifting too far off topic.

Does anyone know the ‘height’ required to lift a stock LC200 for a floor jack? The Daytona Super Duty goes up to 23 1/8” for $289. The 3 ton Daytona for $189 goes to 19 7/8”. Without a ‘that is what she said joke’ do I need the extra 4”? ;) Just trying to be economical and realistic for what I’ll be using it for….rotating tires mostly. I also have ramps and 6 ton jack stands to supplement.

Does anyone know the ‘height’ required to lift a stock LC200 for a floor jack? The Daytona Super Duty goes up to 23 1/8” for $289. The 3 ton Daytona for $189 goes to 19 7/8”. Without a ‘that is what she said joke’ do I need the extra 4”? ;) Just trying to be economical and realistic for what I’ll be using it for….rotating tires mostly. I also have ramps and 6 ton jack stands to supplement.
4" aside, the super duty is worth the extra money IMO. There's been times where I've maxed out the height, but off hand can't remember what/why that was on the LC. maybe adjusting height vs my jack stands (which themselves are high to begin with). my $0.02 anyways.

Anyone else on the recommended height? The Daytona that is normally $189 is $129 this week. It goes to 19 7/8”. I’ll be using it to rotate tires….not much else.

Anyone else on the recommended height? The Daytona that is normally $189 is $129 this week. It goes to 19 7/8”. I’ll be using it to rotate tires….not much else.
If your rig is stock, the bottle jack will allow you to change all 4 wheels. You can measure its rise to compare. If you have a suspension lift, for the front, use the jack you have that works and measure the minimum rise needed. Same for rear but you can also lift on the rear axle to change a tire and almost any floor jack will do that.

If your rig is stock, the bottle jack will allow you to change all 4 wheels. You can measure its rise to compare. If you have a suspension lift, for the front, use the jack you have that works and measure the minimum rise needed. Same for rear but you can also lift on the rear axle to change a tire and almost any floor jack will do that.
Thanks. The bottle jack would work for sure, but I’d like something quicker/easier. Sounds like most 3 ton jacks will work.

Any of these jacks will work for regular tire rotations. For the rear, lift by the side of the axle that's nearest the tire you're removing. For the front, lift by the flat bottom portion of the lower control arm. This way you're lifting the wheel itself and not fighting the suspension's reach.

Any of these jacks will work for regular tire rotations. For the rear, lift by the side of the axle that's nearest the tire you're removing. For the front, lift by the flat bottom portion of the lower control arm. This way you're lifting the wheel itself and not fighting the suspension's reach.
Another spot on the front is under the bucket for the sway bar link. Depending on your jack’s ability to deal with the angle under the arm this can be more secure.. I had trouble keeping my jack from slipping in the spot you mention.

Having stock wheel offset may be a factor here.

I have something I got at Autozone as part of jack and jack stands. I would have to go look in garage to confirm model. It has held up for part 12+ years. The Craftsman I had before that lasted about 12+ years then seals went and I gave it to friend to rebuild it and let him keep it once he was done with job. I think it is still going strong but not sure.

May be a bit off topic here, but related to the Badlands HF offroad jack, is anyone running this IN the truck, like affixed to anything or whatnot? I have one, and like the ProEagle, it seems to be geared towards using it on the trail and all. Wondering if it's something I should be looking into, or if there's a better option to keep in the truck.

May be a bit off topic here, but related to the Badlands HF offroad jack, is anyone running this IN the truck, like affixed to anything or whatnot? I have one, and like the ProEagle, it seems to be geared towards using it on the trail and all. Wondering if it's something I should be looking into, or if there's a better option to keep in the truck.
I haven't, I have the stock jack and a LCP jack saddle and a base, plus a Hi-Lift when I go offroad.

A guy we go with has a ProEagle, and it works well, but it is massive. Fortunately he has a Jeep Gladiator and lots of room in the bed. It's too big for my setup.

There is a company that sells mounting cradle/plates for the ProEagle and Badlands jacks. Here is one example: Badlands 3 Ton Jack Mount - https://barnes4wd.com/products/b4wk12804

If you can weld, you could have sendcutsend burn this up: Weld It Yourself Badlands Jack Mount .SVG File - Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/listing/1685928367/

Last edited:
I haven't, I have the stock jack and a LCP jack saddle and a base, plus a Hi-Lift when I go offroad.

A guy we go with has a ProEagle, and it works well, but it is massive. Fortunately he has a Jeep Gladiator and lots of room in the bed. It's too big for my setup.

There is a company that sells mounting cradle/plates for the ProEagle and Badlands jacks. Here is one example: Badlands 3 Ton Jack Mount - https://barnes4wd.com/products/b4wk12804

If you can weld, you could have sendcutsend burn this up: Weld It Yourself Badlands Jack Mount .SVG File - Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/listing/1685928367/
Thats the problem I'm seeing when I load it up, it eats up quite a bit of real estate. The mount is good, but doesn't take up any less space. I've one side of my third row, even folded up, I lose a lot. In our rigs it doesn't seem it'll be worth carrying, at least not for me. I've got the LCP also, but hadn't looked too far into bigger/offroad bottle jacks yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom