fan clutch rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all
Just got back from moab on sunday night and had a few problems on the way back. to preface there is a new thermostat and fresh flushed fluid and a new cap on the radiator. I was pulling a trailer with two scooters(around 2000# total weight) back and kept having overheating issues. as long as I kept it about 2k rpms I was fine but if it ran at 3k rpms for more than about 30 seconds solid, the gauge would start to climb closer to the red. I am not loosing any fluid at all and my only suspect is the fan clutch. looking for any thoughts here as I plan on going back down again in two weeks. I was searching the tech articles and can not find the instructions for the fan clutch rebuild here. I know they are out there but am looking for some guidance on if this is my problem and if so how to fix.
for the record this is a 92 80 on ome with 33" tires (tyres for jim) with 165k as of this weekend.
Dave :beer:

fAvE, Is TaHt eWE?

OK, sorry I couldn't help it. I do not believe that there is a way to "rebuild" the newer clutches. You may be able to split it and put silicone oil in it if you can find some. A bad clutch certainly won't help.
For the record the part number for yours is 16210-61160
It lists for $136.68

Regards, Dan :beer:

Phaedrus - c'mon you guys gotta find easier to spell names. I had to look 3 times to make sure I had it right. :D

Robbie and Christo binded mine with twine last year to keep the fan engaged full time. Ran it that way for a few days to make that was the fix and it worked fine. Replaced the fan clutch and all was cool (both literal and figuretively).

You can also check the tension on it with your hand - just BE CAREFULL or we'll call you stubby (like we call Gumby behind his back :eek: :D).

Thanks guys,
I am currently on hold with my toyota dealer trying to locate a clutch they are slow as hell but at least I get a hella good discount if I run it through my shop( 33% ) so it will only set me back $89. I havent looked at it from a changeover standpoint but it looks pretty easy, any useful hints??
THsoidyandks FIElskhjdau7ve :beer:
p.s. Junk
spelling is overrated...just read plato

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom