Factory Service Manual ( FSM) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jonharis

Adventure Imports
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
I have seen several people recently asking for a Factory Service Manual, I did a quick search and looked in the FAQ and noticed that the pdftown link is the one found predominately. Anthony L. had posted the link below previously. I am hoping that the search function picks up this thread title more readily. This is a direct download of the 2004 FSM which is almost universal for any other year 100 series. Enjoy. http://www.amoney.org/2004_LC_FSM.zip CLICK HERE FOR THE 2004 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER 100 SERIES FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL

Alternate download site. http://forum.tlcfaq.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=39

Here are the individual chapter downloads courtesy of Perrobravo!

Last edited:
Bump to increase the search-ability of the thread.

MUD standard search parameters only find threads with at least 5 replies. If you are having trouble finding something with search try adjusting that setting and if you like a thread comment to pad the thread post count to at least 5.

Service manual, Repair manual, Shop manual, Repair Guide

If someone could locate a Body Repair Manual and EWD and scan it that would be great. Probably a direct posting to MUD wouldn't work but getting it up somewhere would be nice.

I have the A343F Automatic Transmission Manual (No RM479U) and would be willing to send it to anyone interested in the project. It's 113 pages and is basically disassembly and reassembly only. No troubleshooting, diagnostics, testing or theory.

Last edited:
Bump for 5 posts on the Factory Service Manual, FSM, Shop Manual, Repair Manual. It's a great guide that I would have happily payed $$$ for. I highly recommend you print and bind a copy at your place of work.

It may even contain the answer to the ultimate question...........:cheers:

Bump. Nice link to the FSM. Thanks.

Downloaded it yesterday.
How much difference is there between the LC100 and the LX470?
And between the US version and the AUS version? (except the driver position duh :) )

I'm looking into how to go about tackling a conversion project of : FSM -> electronic file. How many different ("different" in terms of actual substance not just the model "year') FSM's do people assume to be out there. Also, it might makes sense to compile a list of who's got which one...

1) Lexi4darin - 2000 LX470 Repair Manual, vol. 1 and 2

Where did you get the LX470 manual from?

I'm looking into how to go about tackling a conversion project of : FSM -> electronic file. How many different ("different" in terms of actual substance not just the model "year') FSM's do people assume to be out there. Also, it might makes sense to compile a list of who's got which one...

If you know exactly what sections you need, I would just pony up $15 for a 2 day subscription and download them page by page, by year, directly from the official source:

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfoPortal/

Wil- got it from random website that I can't remember the name of. It was a type of website that warehouses FSM's for present and classic cars. I also got an original FSM for a '66 FJ40 through these guys.

If you know exactly what sections you need, I would just pony up $15 for a 2 day subscription and download them page by page, by year, directly from the official source:

But using this service would cost a mudder more than buying the hardcopy FSM's outright. If he/she used the download service just once every month or two or 7-10 times a year paying $15 each time ... (let me get giant scientific calculator for this) ... $105-150 every year. And printing the sections 1 by 1 so you can have future references? Yikes, my FSM's are about 2.5-3" thick so I'm going to guess about 650-750 pages (each). I paid around $150 and a huge piece of the cost was for overnight shipping since I was in immediate need. Plus now I have a copy for ... well, for as long as paper lasts.

I have the hardcopy FSM and am not really a fan of it because it is difficult/slow to search. I used to subscribe to alldata and I thought it was better in some regards... but it is for US vehicles only. If anybody is interested, I just got this email deal... $13.95/yr or $21.95/3 years. I'm not sure if you need to be a previous customer or not.

http://www.alldatadiy.com/emailCampaigns/q411release.html

But using this service would cost a mudder more than buying the hardcopy FSM's outright. If he/she used the download service just once every month or two or 7-10 times a year paying $15 each time ... (let me get giant scientific calculator for this) ... $105-150 every year. And printing the sections 1 by 1 so you can have future references? Yikes, my FSM's are about 2.5-3" thick so I'm going to guess about 650-750 pages (each). I paid around $150 and a huge piece of the cost was for overnight shipping since I was in immediate need. Plus now I have a copy for ... well, for as long as paper lasts.

What I meant was that if you were looking for specific references, say for pinouts to the MFPs on NAV equipped 100s, per year (01, 02, 03...), it would make sense to pay $15 and get them all at once.

And why would you print them for future reference? I downloaded a huge portion of the 02 FSM in one day (I could have gotten the whole thing that day but I wanted to work on my truck) and saved it off as PDFs that I can pull back up whenever I want. I do print a page here and there to have by me when crawling under the truck but mostly I just review what I need to do on a laptop that I have dedicated for the garage.

I have the hardcopy FSM and am not really a fan of it because it is difficult/slow to search. I used to subscribe to alldata and I thought it was better in some regards... but it is for US vehicles only. If anybody is interested, I just got this email deal... $13.95/yr or $21.95/3 years. I'm not sure if you need to be a previous customer or not.

http://www.alldatadiy.com/emailCampaigns/q411release.html

Is alldata served in the same format as TIP, meaning a good searchable index followed by displays of PDFs? If so, it would be very easy to create a batch process to run through the entire index and save off each page automatically. The PITA part would be stitching it back together on your local machine in a cohesive, organized and searchable format....and no I am not going to do this for anybody.

Last edited:
Is alldata served in the same format as TIP, meaning a good searchable index followed by displays of PDFs? If so, it would be very easy to run a batch process to run through the entire index and save off each page automatically. The PITA part would be stitching it back together on your local machine in a cohesive, organized and searchable format....and no I am not going to do this for anybody.
Sorry, it's been a few years since I've used it. Not sure what the current format is now. But I'm almost positive it is searchable... which is the main reason to get it over the paperback FSM.

NMUZJ100 - 1998 LC100 Repair Manual, vol 1 and 2, A343 Automatic transmission manual Pub Num. RM479U, and a Max Ellerly Toyota Land Cruiser manual that covers the 100

Last edited:
hoser said:
Sorry, it's been a few years since I've used it. Not sure what the current format is now. But I'm almost positive it is searchable... which is the main reason to get it over the paperback FSM.

I just got the 3 yr subscription and it is worth it for the money but not nearly as good as the Toyota service when it comes to image clarity and being able to zoom without distortion. I would reccomend subscribing to this for quick referencing but I would use Toyota's service for capturing data to your local machine to be used as an offline reference.

- Sent from a very small supercomputer.

Hmm, I had no problem with image distortion. Are you viewing it from your very small supercomputer? Maybe a problem with Flash or some plug-in?

A few things I liked was it listed the labor hours for the job at hand. Kinda gives you an idea whether you should do the job yourself, hired it out and if hired out, how much it should cost. 2nd one was it also had the TSB's. 3rd, the information was updated, unlike the paperback FSM which was the information at the time of printing.

Last edited:

I just paid for a 24 hour subscription to the European version of that service and then automated 'caching' ;) of all the FSM's available to save doing it manually. Putting all those pdf's back into a single file is time consuming though.

Is this FAQ yet? Needs to be!

One way to find out it to look . . . .

lexi, be cautious, that stuff is copyrighted and you never know what Toyota is going to decide to take an interest in. Even then, they would probably just say stop it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom