Factory running boards (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New to forum. I haven’t really got the hang of the search option. But I am looking for a set of factory running boards or some sort of step board. Our 1994 FZJ80 is just a little too tall for my wife. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Billy

3529C601-5820-4BAE-8ADF-0243A1FEE4D2.jpeg

New to forum. I haven’t really got the hang of the search option. But I am looking for a set of factory running boards or some sort of step board. Our 1994 FZJ80 is just a little too tall for my wife. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Billy

View attachment 2291840
Slee step sliders. Function as a running board and will actually be usable off road too. Best of both worlds IMO.

Nice looking 80. That's cool that you have the original front mud flaps. Ooooh, factory running boards are going to ruin the lines of that truck.

Perhaps an abbreviated slider or bolt on mini step. I normally wouldn't recommend a step, but the lines with the front mud flap are so clean.

If you want running boards post in the Wanted section of the Classifieds. They are often given away for free when folks take them off.

Welcome to Mud! :flipoff2:

Given those front mud flaps are $100 on ebay, I'm sure you could find dozens of people that woudl trade you their old running boards for those factory fresh flaps. Heck, I'd swap you if you lived closer to Los Angeles. (Note, you'll also need the front and rear trim for the transition from the flares to the running boards.)

I'm getting ready to throw mine in the dumpster. One of them is banged up, but the other is straight.

I'll trade you for the front mudflaps because I want mudflaps on the front of mine that are not made for the step sides.

Thanks for all the replies, I didn’t know I would have to change my mud flaps? That’s a deal breaker on the factory running boards.

Thanks for all the replies, I didn’t know I would have to change my mud flaps? That’s a deal breaker on the factory running boards.
Yup.

Then also look at White Knuckle Off Road (WKOR) for their sliders. I got the heavy "short" version and I got them with a 10° instead of their standard 15°. Then I placed abrasive tape (grip tape) on the sections of bars where we climb in and out. Works well for all the family.

The other benefit of the 10° version is that you can still fit your hand and stuff between the body and the slider to wash the truck.

Damn, I was hoping for a set of those 'flaps......

They would still have a set of factory mudflaps, they are just molded around the front of the running boards. If you're still interested.....

My wife likes the mud flaps. So I’m just going to find a route we can agree on. If she changes her mind I will let you know.

How much do you want to spend? Are you doing any off-roading? If you are, how hard core? Corrugated trails or Rubicon-type stuff?

We don’t off road, we bought it for a grocery getter and to loaf around town vehicle. We might hit a gravel road by accident. So mainly just help get in and out of the vehicle.

I would definitely go factory running boards. Cheaper option. Check the classifieds and look for people parting out their 80s. You should be able to find a pair easily.

You can have mine, they are sitting the bushes collecting leaves.

Given those front mud flaps are $100 on ebay, I'm sure you could find dozens of people that woudl trade you their old running boards for those factory fresh flaps. Heck, I'd swap you if you lived closer to Los Angeles. (Note, you'll also need the front and rear trim for the transition from the flares to the running boards.)

Oh snap $100...threw those away too lol

I’m going to throw up in my mouth a little with this recommendation, but those hidden retractable Amp Research steps you see on a lot of full size trucks would work since you see very little off road time.

@bhsdriller dumpster diving time for you. I think it’s only the front flaps for 93 and later are in demand.

Where are you in TN? I have some aftermarket that you can have. Keep your flaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom