Factory Locker Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First of all, "Yes I did search extensively". I've got a shot at rear axle assembly with rear locker, for less than $400. It will have a 1 year parts only warranty (standard salvage yard warranty) and I will be having a Jeep dealership I used to work at install it (they lifted my LX and the mechanic has 30 years experience working with axles). In parts, I figure I'll have $400 for the axle, $89 for the Slee E-Locker control box, and $55 for the switch.

It seems that most are partial to just putting in an ARB locker, but at $544 for parts, wouldn't this be the way to go?

It's a 1998 LX 470 with 2.5 OME lift

Ya, do it. The rear locker is a huge upgrade.

I would like this to be my next to do item after winch. Is all that's needed are the locker, control box and switch?

Nothing else to wire up?

killer deal. I would do it. I use my rear locker in my 99 LC often when wheeling and its super reliable. if you go ARB you are spending $1300-1500 for a rear locker and compressor? plus $5-700 for install labor?

I would like this to be my next to do item after winch. Is all that's needed are the locker, control box and switch?

Nothing else to wire up?

As far as I can tell that's all that's needed. I looked for a post on anyone that has done it and can't find it. I remember reading a post at one time where someone was recommending against this because the ARB would be much more reliable, but I believe this is the route I'm going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom