Factory installed supercharger? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've searched and couldn't find anything.

Were all TRD superchargers added on at a dealer once they arrived/aftermarket here or did any get factory installed?

I never saw one sold new with the supercharger off the lot.At least here in Colorado From 93-97. Owners could have them installed by Toyota dealers and have the factory warranty remain in effect after they purchased the truck. Not a factory installed item.

The superchargers did not come out until the summer of 2000, three years after 80 Series production ended. I installed mine in August of 2000. There was no warranty associated with them as a high-performance kit.

The superchargers did not come out until the summer of 2000, three years after 80 Series production ended. I installed mine in August of 2000. There was no warranty associated with them as a high-performance kit.
Would installing one on a late model 80 series at the time void any remaining factory powertrain warranty? 5 year/60,000 miles.

No warranty coverage.

I am assuming it was for the V8 100 series variant ?

I am assuming it was for the V8 100 series variant ?
The first kit was for the 1FZ six. There was a subsequent kit for the 4.7 V8. The V8 kit was short-lived and pulled off the market due to bending connecting rods in Tundras.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom