Factory FJ55 Nippondenso Air Conditioning Underdash parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserbrett

GOLD Star
Threads
I have a spare Factory Nippondenso OEM Air Conditioning Setup
(underdash parts only) for sale. Thought I was going to use it in the 76 FJ55 I have, but time is preventing this project from coming to be.

This will fit 73-79 FJ55's...

Its in good shape, for a perfect resto it would need to be painted and cleaned up, but its nicer than the one I have in my 73 piggie. The flash makes the scuffs look worse than they are in person.

Only underdash parts: Evaporator, wiring, controller and center louvre with controls. This replaces the stock louvre and the heater duct.

I got the evap years ago, and it didnt have the wiring, controller or the center louvre. After lots of trying I finally sourced a center louvre from AUS, as well as the wiring and the controller box. The wiring and controller and center louvre all work, as I tested them on my working factory A/C setup in my other FJ55.

You will notice the center louvre has the knob on the RH side instead of the left, but it functionally is the same and works perfectly.

The evaporator has passed a pressure test of 60 psi for a week with no bleed off so its got no holes or other surprises. As with any old a/c parts you should replace the expansion valve and flush the oil mineral oil out.

I will include a copy of the factory service manual wiring diagram so you can see what to hook up.

Asking $400 as is, or I can convert/modify and install a new expansion valve as detailed here for an extra $100(parts and labor). This will also include a flush and new prestite tape. I wont be doing anything cosmetic though. If you are interested in this option, its going to take a couple weeks to get it done due to my work schedule.

Shipping is on your dime. should be about 25lbs ready to ship from 92109.

PLEASE EMAIL ME AT brettgarland (at) yahoo dot com about this. I am not able to check ih8mud.com as often as I need to keep up with for sale items.
misc 001rs.jpg
misc 002rs.jpg
misc 003rs.jpg

will this work in a 69 pig?. If so im intrested. i leave in the inland empire so no shipping required>

Lil'John is correct, this wont fit the earlier FJ55's with the dash shifter pod without removing it...and installing later heater components.

Wow... when I got my pig it had factory AC and I ripped it out along with the smog stuff and THREW IT AWAY.... little did I know it actually had value.... I live in Tahoe so the heater was more important.

Good luck with the sale. .... Live and learn. :bang:

bigsal said:
Wow... when I got my pig it had factory AC and I ripped it out along with the smog stuff and THREW IT AWAY.... little did I know it actually had value.... I live in Tahoe so the heater was more important.

Good luck with the sale. .... Live and learn. :bang:

:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom