Factory FJ40 Soft Tops, Bikini Tops, and Dusters. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just purchased a Sandalwood Top from Julie along with a bow kit...Stoked for summer! Lead time is about 2-3 months according to her. Thanks to Julie for being so helpful!

Would someone be willing to post some photos of the Real Steel windshield channel mounted on the windshield frame? I’m finally getting close to installing one of Julie’s tops and I’ve searched the FAQ and Google for images and how to actually install it.

Do you start at the windshield?

Thanks

I don't have any photos of mine during installation, but the windshield channel screws or gets riveted to the windshield frame. It's pretty evident how it fits once you place it on there.

Install the top into the windshield channel first. Pull the top tight to the back. Insert and pull tight on the B-channel pillars. Then pull it tight to the back. Start at one rear corner and pull it tight and mark your twist fastener location. Install one side then work your way along that side. Then work your way around, always pulling it tight.

Just go slow and make sure it's even side to side. It's really not hard, but to make it look nice you have to keep things taught so there are no wrinkles.

I have a trail cover from Julie that has been great and despite not being babied does not show any wear, but has lost some of it's waterproofness, has anyone treated one of these to improve waterproofing?

Just 13 months after ordering my top from @Julie2006 I made time to finally get it on. I’m impressed with the quality of the top and glad I got the zip out windows and magnets. It deserves a nicer 40. I also used @SMG corner bracket. Time to get the film off the windows and go for a drive.

E96770E3-BCDD-4EC2-96E8-8BE5EAC3B242.jpeg
07AD9ABA-ADF9-43DC-B4CC-D1D51862EF12.jpeg
E8A3988F-0D7B-4BF4-8B26-3AF8FB44D83C.jpeg
4766378D-BDE6-406C-8258-45D7805D43C4.jpeg
3E1A6C4C-A5E8-4734-AEBC-1C6386E69736.jpeg

Just 13 months after ordering my top from @Julie2006 I made time to finally get it on. I’m impressed with the quality of the top and glad I got the zip out windows and magnets. It deserves a nicer 40. I also used @SMG corner bracket. Time to get the film off the windows and go for a drive.

View attachment 2668779View attachment 2668775View attachment 2668776View attachment 2668777View attachment 2668778
Cut those ends off so they will sit flat. Looks Awesome!

Check your spelling… yahoo.com
Turns out it's not totally my fault.... if you click on that email address in the first post of this thread it writes the email with that shortened address....

I don't know if she still uses that email. Her new website is:

1611 Powdersville Road
Easley, SC 29642

DirtRoadTops@gmail.com

Tel: 1-864-307-9650

Thx for the contact info

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom