Factory FJ40 Soft Tops, Bikini Tops, and Dusters. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Julie (or anyone) - Could you post some more pictures of Dune Beige 40's that have your top? Trollhole / Dirt Road / J&A Sewing / Anchor Stitch? Also, are there any customers in the Bay Area where I could physically see a top in person?

For the benefit of folks like myself looking for information online - here are the current websites (I believe):

Dirt Road Tops:

Anchor Stitch:

#softtop

Thanks

-Tehmbrick
Can you call me at6164500145 thanks Julie

I’ve got a Bestop type bikini top..... It seems about 2 inches short in width (doesn’t reach the end of the rail).
1. What’s the width of your top?
2. Advantage of PVC over the cotton duck material?
3. Can I use the Bestop rail?
4. Any pictures of these installed?
5. Did I ask too dang many questions? :grinpimp:

I’ve got a Bestop type bikini top..... It seems about 2 inches short in width (doesn’t reach the end of the rail).
5. Yes too many dang questions (Just kidding)
6.Yes I have pics.
7. Yes you can use Best top rail.
8. PVC doesn't shrink like cotton duck. Also it's waterproof
9. Width is
6. Yes too dang many questions (just kidding)
7. Yes you can use Best top rail
8. Width of top is 48"
9. The PVC is waterproof and no shrinkage. Unlike the cotton duck
10. Contact me at 616-450-0145 Julie

Gabe here. I need a soft top for my frame off restoration. Can you help? I need door material as well.
Thanks

How do I go about making an order for a top for my 1980 fj40 with drop gate? do you have a web site for colors and styles etc...?

How do I go about making an order for a top for my 1980 fj40 with drop gate? do you have a web site for colors and styles etc...?

I just wanted to add to the positive comments. The top Julie made is absolutely fantastic.
IMG_20200901_124929649_HDR.jpg

What about a setup with hardtop sides, ambulance doors, hard doors up front, and a custom set of hoops that is welded onto a fabbed-up drip rail? Could a bimini be built with channel-lock over the front doors, and D-ring footman loops in the back? (Basically a rag roof cap) I might not know the full extent of how the FST fastens at all points.

Last edited:
What about a setup with hardtop sides, ambulance doors, hard doors up front, and a custom set of hoops that is welded onto a fabbed-up drip rail? Could a bimini be built with channel-lock over the front doors, and D-ring footman loops in the back? (Basically a rag roof cap) I might not know the full extent of how the FST fastens at all points.
That would be a one-off custom build. Unless she has a 40 in that configuration I would say unlike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom