Factory center lockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the market for a 94/95 80, and am wondering if the center dif lock was available on 94 models.

As far as I know all 80s have a center diff lock. At some point the dash switch was removed and it was made an automatic feature with selecting low range. However there is switches available for those years that don't have them. Now Ft and Rr lockers are a whole other animal ;)

If the LC has 4wd, then it has a center diff lock. :D The 91-92 had a button you push, 93-97 was automatic when you shift into low gear. Do some searching on this site for information on purchasing an 80. I beleve www.Sleeoffroad.com has some info too. Search for info on lockers (if that interests you) and search for what to look at. There is tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons......... and so on... info about that stuff on this site. Just change the date to search back and you'll be able to pull up lots of info. G/L with what you get, and take your time finding one you'll fall in love with. If your going to wheel with it, wait for one with lockers.

:cheers:
-Bryan

If the LC has 4wd, then it has a center diff lock. :D
Not all 80 Series had a Centre Diff, Let alone a Centre Diff Lock. :flipoff2: :slap:

[quote author=Jonathan_Ferguson link=board=2;threadid=10403;start=msg93225#msg93225 date=1074685174]
Not all 80 Series had a Centre Diff, Let alone a Centre Diff Lock. :flipoff2: :slap:
[/quote]
All US and Canadian 80 series were fulltime 4wd and had a center differential locker.

Jidgi,
I'm not sure that I understand your question.

Many of us have made this mod as first described to us by CruiserDan about a year ago on the old SOR forum.

-B-

Beowulf,

I have instal the center dif lock swith, and disconnect the plug on the T case. My 80 is a HDJ (1HD-FT). So i can run on LR/HR with or without block the T case.
Correct?
What brings the solution describe on my first post?

@+

Jidgi

The pin 7 mod allows the ECU to maintain the normal transmission shift patterns in low range.

Removal of the plug @ TC doesn't allow the transmission to shift at the normal point range in low range.

So, there is just an interest for automatic transmission?
My transmission is manual.

Jidgi,

You need to put your vehicle specs in your sig line. The pin 7 mod only applies to vehicles with an automatic transmission. See Warthog's post.

-B-

[quote author=firetruck41 link=board=2;threadid=10403;start=msg93369#msg93369 date=1074704797]
All US and Canadian 80 series were fulltime 4wd and had a center differential locker.

[/quote]

Thanks Firetruck. You crazy Australians dont count. You get better vehicles. Therefore, dont make fun of me because I live in the U.S. :D I sense your laughing. I know what your saying too: hehehehe he lives in the U.S. hehehe he doesnt get turbo diesel cruisers hehehehe. :p

[quote author=landtoy80 link=board=2;threadid=10403;start=msg93685#msg93685 date=1074733793]
They also dont have the evil EGR on the 80.
[/quote]

:D

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom