F(Z)J80 v8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOrry to hear man. Glad everyone was ok.

Throw some pics up. Not sure how you used your 80, so I can't really make suggestions on what to do, but have you seen Mad Max?

Unfortunately I don't have any pics of the roll over. I was busy getting the truck back on it's wheels. A couple friends took pics but I don't have them. As far as what it looks like right now, it is smashed to s***. Not a panel without a dent, roof is wasted badly as are doors and front fenders. Body on the truck is a total loss.

Thinking a lot on what to do. Options are; chop off roof and doors and make it a soft top. Buy a $2-4k Cruiser with a good body and build a new truck. Buy back a very clean FJ62 body from a buddy of mine and do a 80/60/62 swap. Harvest the Cruiser's parts and forget about having a truck for awhile, sell off some parts and use some others in other trucks I have.

I definitely have a solid chassis so I am kind of leaning towards the 62 swap onto the chassis or just buying an 80 with a clean body.

Cheers

10557513_10200749019525786_8135169491206886897_o.jpg

Cheers

I'm speachless...
I'm glad your OK.
Maybe now is the time to build that D60 Patrol.

60/62 SWAP FOR SURE!! After seeing the work you do I know it would be TITS!!

I use my truck, as a result s*** happens! I see this as only a bump in the road, a hiccup. A lesson learned, down time.

Think I have the deal on my old FJ62 worked, new motor in the works too.

The Mongrel may rise from the ashes, born again. Yup cheesy but I have had a few beers and am scheming and planing. I have a good chassis, good enough that it drove over the rockies with a trailer after I rolled it 1 3/4 times, no windshield. Bird hit me in the shoulder at 60mph and at least one very large bug hit me in the sun glasses. Any ways, I got everything in the making to build a sick arse FJ62-80 hybrid so I simply see all this as the evolution and re-birth of my Cruiser.

:)

Cheers

Just bought my old FJ62 body back from my buddy today. So that is it, I am doing up a 60/62-80 hybrid. I say "60" because I am a fan of round headlights so will likely run the 60 front end on the body. May or may not do a new v8 but am doing a new front axle housing and setting all that up before a body goes on the chassis. Got to shorten my frame 5" but I am up to the task.

Happy 4th and cheers

Just bought my old FJ62 body back from my buddy today. So that is it, I am doing up a 60/62-80 hybrid. I say "60" because I am a fan of round headlights so will likely run the 60 front end on the body. May or may not do a new v8 but am doing a new front axle housing and setting all that up before a body goes on the chassis. Got to shorten my frame 5" but I am up to the task.

Happy 4th and cheers

I, good for you! Glad everything worked out on this and you are safe. Going to be a cool and top notch build as usual.

Happy 4th

J

Just got the latest edition of 4WD Toyota Owners magazine and they featured a guy who went your route(62/80/axle upgrade ) and called it Project Lego, however he pulled the 4.0 and stuck the 4.5 in instead. If you're going to that much trouble, might as well stick a small block IMO.

Check it out: http://www.4wdtoyotaowner.com/

FYI for anyone interested, I have got a ton of nice 80 parts. Much of it was new from Toyota a year ago. Going to give a local buddy first dibs but if he doesn't want the stuff I will put it up for sale. Parts like interior trim, dash bits, uncracked dash pad and just about all the weatherstripping, window runs and body seals on the truck.

Cheers

Again, sorry man. I know you will be back, better and badder. Fxxx this forum has gone to s***. I'm soooo out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom