F vs 2F temp sender (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hope this dont get me beat. I have read a bunch of posts on this and have not read a for sure answer.

My March of 1970 FJ40 has stock guage with a later 2F engine installed.

Temp guage works backwards. Is the older F engine temp sender a sure fix? If so, a correct part number would be appreciated.

I’m not the expert but same situation in my 1969. Yeah the gauge works backwards- starts at hot with key off. And yes need the sender that matches the gauge. So you’d need to verify you have the sender for that year if your gauges are the stock ones.
Does it seem to read correctly at temp?

No, my guage starts at “H” then pegs to the cold side and stays there. Efi display tells me water temp but its removable and i don’t always have it cause it might get stolen.

Do you have the tall style sender?
I’m currently working mine as well- there are calibration adjustments on the back that can vary your results significantly. I’m trying to dial mine in near the middle for normal operating temp. I assume it’s probably not going to be accurate at other temps. Project is still ongoing.
IMG_4596.jpeg

Will have to check sender. This is third engine I’ve had in this and a lot of mixed parts had led me to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom