Extreme Valve Body A442f Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just received a extreme valve body from Wholesale Automatics from Austrailia. Anyone out there installed one yet? Any tricks or things to watch for?

I will post some pics of the work.

Kirk

I think your'e the first..but personally I look forward to the install. I contacted them about the 343 tranny...they dont have that tranny in Oz.
airlaird

I saw they had a note "a343 in development" on the site. Rodney is a good guy. shoot him a email to see the status of it.

what is this extreme valve body going to do? Just change the shift points? I had a 89 chp mustang that had a shift improver kit from B&M that was supposed to extend the life of the tranny by hard, crisp shifts, does this valve body do the same...

hasn't cristo done this?

I have been contemplating one of these for my rig for quite some time. Please do take pics and document the install. I will be really curious as to how you like it. By the way why are you installing it? I have been contemplating it because it will remove the flaring issue my rig has.

From what I recall, Christo sold a few of these when he had them on his site a while ago, but he is no longer selling them. Also, I believe Rodney's update is that the A343F extreme valve body + tranny is now available. Sounds like a great upgrade for you supercharged guys. Rodney is a transmission genius.

Yes I am installing it. I dont see it being difficult at all.

Kick, from what I remember after rebuilding me A440F, the valve body is direct bolt on. You should not have any problems.
Use an inch torque wrench to tighten the bolts.

Watch out for three o-rings that go between the valve body and the tranny housing. Replace if necessary.

One thing I found out during testing after the install. There was a small delay when shifting from Park to Drive. (about 2-5 seconds) I attributed this to air in the valve body and cable adjustments.
To get all the air out of the valve body I went wheeling and get the rigs in several different X,Y,Z axis points. I'm not saying do this, just this is what worked for me. Rodney may have a easier solution.
I played with the cable for about a week and finally found the right RPM and speed shift points.

Good luck. PM if you need to.

alaskacruiser said:
From what I recall, Christo sold a few of these when he had them on his site a while ago, but he is no longer selling them.

That is correct.

Thank you Jim. It will be awhile till you here feedback on the air in the system. I need to get my engine running first.

Kirk

cruiserdan said:
That is correct.

Great, then you know you can always call him with questions.

He may not be "up" for discussion.

kirk said:
Yes I am installing it. I dont see it being difficult at all.

I didn't ask if you were installing it, but I asked why you are installing it????

I am installing it b/c of the added hp/torque of my V8 swap to minimize some side effects with it. I like a firmer shift too. The factory shift setup to me is a bit soccer mom-ish. To me my rig is a hot rod not a SUV. The new firmer shifts will also keep the hydraulic temp lower too slip=heat buildup.

Regards

Kirk

I am trying! My business is just booming right now. I am going to get my damn fan shroud cut, bent, and ready for powdercoat tomorrow!

Maybe I'm misreading or misunderstanding but it sorta sounded like Christo was no longer endorsing these, is that correct? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom