Extreme angle CV boots (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In preparation of installing Ironman suspension on my LC, I am doing a diff drop. The front ride height will only increase by 1.5 inches. I recognize that is not much, coupled with the diff drop, my boots “should” be fine. I am replacing the CVs with Toyota OEMs. As I want to try to plan for everything, I would like to replace the OEM boots with an extreme angle boot of equal or better quality than OEM. Is there such a product? And if so, does anyone have a good, bad or indifferent experience with them.

Again, I realize my CVs will not be at an extreme angle, and a boot upgrade for all intents and purposes is not necessary. That is irrelevant to me and I don’t mind the added cost and labor, so long as quality and longevity exceeds what an OEM boot would do in a stock configuration. Thank you and I look forward to the conversation.

Last edited:
So, right before I took delivery of my 100, I had the PO take it to his guy and install these...

The high angle silicon boot at the inner boot position and OEM as the outer and this is the combination that the guy swears by.

The boots are available by themselves...but they are pricey (I think) and not warrantied. They DO claim to need an extra
inch of room that it sounds like you have.

IMO, the OEM boots are really good. The main issue is keeping the grease from seeping out.

My OEM CV's failed after I put ironman fcp with diff drop on my now sold LC100. I had to reboot and used OEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom