Better CV boots out there? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

Opening this up to the forum. I have another torn CV boot. Second one this year. Do I need to keep these on hand after each trip out to the mountains? Curious if there is a better, stronger boot out there that might last a little bit longer after being hit by rocks on shelf roads, etc? Plus - it alwas seems to happen when I don't have the time between trips to fix.

Hello all,

Opening this up to the forum. I have another torn CV boot. Second one this year. Do I need to keep these on hand after each trip out to the mountains? Curious if there is a better, stronger boot out there that might last a little bit longer after being hit by rocks on shelf roads, etc? Plus - it alwas seems to happen when I don't have the time between trips to fix.
Why is your boot tearing so often? are other folks having this issue?

My oem's made it to 230k miles with no issues, I replaced because worn splines. My rig runs rocky mountain passes often without any issues to the cv boots. Rocks are constantly blasting around down there while hammering down the dirt roads.

Are you lifted too high without diff drop?

Why is your boot tearing so often? are other folks having this issue?

My oem's made it to 230k miles with no issues, I replaced because worn splines. My rig runs rocky mountain passes often without any issues to the cv boots. Rocks are constantly blasting around down there while hammering down the dirt roads.

Are you lifted too high without diff drop?
I may just be hitting those shale-ly rocky shelf roads at the right time to rip them. I'm lifted on the OME 2.5" lift with dif drop and riding 34" Nitto's. Have had this setup for quite a while but the last couple seasons in the San Juan's have had to reboot 3 times. Just wondering if there is better than OEM in toughness of the boot. Those shelf roads are sometimes like driving over really sharp legos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom