Experience with 94 Toyota Dyna 4x4? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is my first time posting and working on building a solid yet smaller overland rv. I am looking to anyone that has any helpful info on things to consider when building something like this. This truck is virtually new. 7,500 mi on a 1994 Toyota Dyna 4x4 dually Japanese Fire truck, but I know mods should be done. Which ones should I prioritize/let go of?

AD8960A5-97AF-4178-B3E7-802F810B7E38.jpeg

This is my first time posting and working on building a solid yet smaller overland rv. I am looking to anyone that has any helpful info on things to consider when building something like this. This truck is virtually new. 7,500 mi on a 1994 Toyota Dyna 4x4 dually Japanese Fire truck, but I know mods should be done. Which ones should I prioritize/let go of?

View attachment 2298573

Sweet rig!

You might find better info for sure in the 70 series section and diesel section. I would have a mod move it for you. It's a 14BT engine so people will be familiar with that.

Man I can think of TONS of things to do to this

As with anything, I will say baseline everything first: fluids, belts, hoses, brakes etc. I realize it has extremely low miles, but seals get worn out, rubber can degrade so if it's being planned for big trips, I'd get everything tip top shape.

familiar with www.partsouq.com if not you will be. Put you VIN in and get ALL sorts of parts you will need, excellent prices and shipping is really quick, like a few days to get Colorado. Bigger items, shipping can get pricey.

Sweet rig!

You might find better info for sure in the 70 series section and diesel section. I would have a mod move it for you. It's a 14BT engine so people will be familiar with that.

Man I can think of TONS of things to do to this

As with anything, I will say baseline everything first: fluids, belts, hoses, brakes etc. I realize it has extremely low miles, but seals get worn out, rubber can degrade so if it's being planned for big trips, I'd get everything tip top shape.

familiar with www.partsouq.com if not you will be. Put you VIN in and get ALL sorts of parts you will need, excellent prices and shipping is really quick, like a few days to get Colorado. Bigger items, shipping can get pricey.
Thanks! The more help I can get the better.

Geez, I have no idea where to move this. It certainly is misplaced here. There is a Stout-Dyna-Toyopet forum, so I guess that is where I'm going to send this. As far as the 14BT, I would direct any engine specific questions at the 70-series forum.

You might also ask questions over at the Expedition Builds forum.

I saw a Diahatsu Delta 4wd the other day. Looked good on fat tyres. Its a rebadged Dyna. The newer models use Hilux running gear.
There is a diesel forum for these engines

I think there is an Australian company making rims that give you the same offset front and rear. I know they are making them for Mitsubishi and Isuzu. Probably Hino as well

View attachment 2298573
I have a very similar Vehicle. A 1994 Toyota Dyna Four door fire truck with a 14B engine. Only 4k miles on it when i bought it. I am having a lot of trouble finding parts for it mostly because i do not know how to tell which parts available here in the States are applicable to the engine. Right now I am just trying to replace the oil and oil filter as a first step. I'd love to just get to talking to someone who understands the vehicle that I have.

32B56057-1E6B-43DC-AF22-AB4250A73717.jpeg

CC880C18-DB2B-4C0E-BEF6-7FF3250C667E.jpeg

Nice! I found a company named Amayama I believe that seemed to have a bunch of parts. Unfortunately it looks like I need to sell my truck, because I found out I won’t be able to drive it in some of the countries I was planning on visiting due to the right hand drive.

I have a very similar Vehicle. A 1994 Toyota Dyna Four door fire truck with a 14B engine. Only 4k miles on it when i bought it. I am having a lot of trouble finding parts for it mostly because i do not know how to tell which parts available here in the States are applicable to the engine. Right now I am just trying to replace the oil and oil filter as a first step. I'd love to just get to talking to someone who understands the vehicle that I have.

View attachment 2401433

View attachment 2401438

That front emblem reminds me of the seal of Japan. We sunk the Yamoto with it on the Bow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom