ExCape Pod Build (pic heavy) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice setup! I just picked this one up over the weekend.
image.jpg

I love the overall shape and design. What is the total width?

Time to bump this one back up...Hey Josh, I didn't see where you posted the dimensions of this rig...any chance you'd be able to? Thanks!

So, Josh, after roughly 6 years of use, would you care to comment, on any design or other changes you would do, if you were to build it again?
It looks great, and well thought out. Just curious, since it seems like we rarely get beta info after the initial build.

So, Josh, after roughly 6 years of use, would you care to comment, on any design or other changes you would do, if you were to build it again?
It looks great, and well thought out. Just curious, since it seems like we rarely get beta info after the initial build.
I would have definitely rethought the back hatch. Since I fiberglassed, I could have made the back hatch out of foam rather than thin p-wood. It has never been impacted as best I can tell and foam would have been lighter and easier for routing wiring. Having lived with my design choices I like the fenders on the inside since it gained me a lot of room, but fenders on the outside would have been easier. I built this to be as durable as my truck, so overbuilt. I could have built it lighter overall with similar durability. I do want to build another, but still have this one so unless I get around to selling, likely won't. Otherwise I have been considering a tongue rack for additional carry space. Overall we are still very happy with it. I aimed for utilitarian durability and have that. Since I mentioned building lighter, that is not influenced by the overall weight or effects on my truck. As a woodworker, I have learned techniques that I would like to apply. The challenge of lighter weight with similar durability is appealing.

Reactions: YMT
Thanks for the response.

I am planning a trailer setup, so all this is very useful in my planning.

Some more interior. The heavy power strip connects to an external shore power plug. While it's in my garage it's plugged up, so the other cable to the ARKPAK is keeping it charged. So, I can power the trailer from shore power (outlet) at an RV park/campground or at home, the solar panels, or the ARKPAK.

PXL_20210412_235704743.jpg

PXL_20210412_235809589.jpg

PXL_20210412_235842294.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom