For Sale Europe LHD 1992 KZJ 73 Fully Restored, will assist shipping overseas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
White
LHD LJ73 turned KZJ73
This is originally an LJ73 from France, but the engine was swapped for a 1-KZT (full mechanical inj. pump), it was completely restored and has very low mileage ever since, less than 5.000 km or 3.000 mi.
It's running great and it's absolutely rust free.

You can check the build thread here: Rejuvenation Treatment for Old Girl LJ73 / build - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/rejuvenation-treatment-for-old-girl-lj73-build.1107845/
  • ARB Lockers front and rear,
  • 1KZ-T engine (3 liter, turbocharged, mechanical fuel injection)
  • R151F 5 speed manual transmission with manual part time t/case
  • Tough Dog +2" suspension
  • 255 85R16 BFG MT
  • Original Aircondition in full working order
  • Truck Lite LED headlights (old halogen lamps also available)
  • FRP top and fuel tank are Line-X coated
  • Drawer system, air compressor with buffer tank, seat heating, power windows, central lock, JBL sound system, etc.

FINAL selling price is 25.000 EURO, non negotiable. For this price, the car is available in Bucharest / Romania.

It is registered as a 2 seater comercial van (fourgon in French or LKW in German). The 1-KZT engine is registered within the ownership title. Valid technical inspection trough 06.2022

Will assist the buyer in shipping the car on a trailer anywhere in Europe including major RORO ports like Zeebrugge or Bremerhaven.
Can arrange via a Custom Agent, RORO or container shipping to US/Canada as well.
Shipping services not included in the price. For more details you can PM, call or what's app at +40 (0)731 491 725.

The pictures below are taken recently:

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-17 at 11.22.06 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-06-17 at 11.22.03 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-06-17 at 11.21.56.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-06-17 at 11.21.58.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-06-17 at 11.22.01.jpeg

Last edited:
Following several requests I have received via PM, please find below the dimensions and weight of the vehicle, as they are registered within the ownership title:
- Length 4.345 mm ( 171")
- Width 1.690 mm ( 66,5")
- Height 1.935 ( 76,2") but the vehicle has +2" suspension and also the tires are bigger than the original, so the actual height might be 2.010 - 2.020 mm ( 79,5")
- Wheelbase 2.600 mm ( 102,3")
- Weight 1.780 kg
I have also asked several shipping companies for a RORO shipping quote departing from Zeebrugge, Le Havre, St. Nazaire or Bremerhaven, landing on the East Coast of the US, in Norfolk or Baltimore. As soon as I will get that, I will post it here.

Any chance on the back seats, roll bar and belts being available?

This is genuinely a 2 seater van, this is how it was produced by the factory. It never had any back seats, the rear floor panel doesn’t have any brackets for back seats either

I have received a first RORO shipping quote from Zeebrugge to New York (the vehicle shipping terminal is Newark, NJ) - the shipping company is www.shipoverseas.com

Shipping method: RoRo
Ship from: Zeebrugge, Belgium
Ship to: New York, NY
1992 Toyota Land Cruiser (Operable)
L: 184.0" W: 71.0" H: 69.00"
V: 522 cu. ft.W: 5622 lbs

Quote Details

Ocean Shipping
$1,427.00​
ISF filing
$40.00​
Terminal Receiving Charges at Origin
$220.00​
Total Rate:
$1,687.00​

Clearing charges at the port of destination are NOT included in this quote.
The trailer shipping fee from Bucharest / Romania to Zeebrugge / Belgium would be another EUR 800 (about $940.00) so the total shipping cost from Bucharest to the Newark RORO terminal, would be $2.627 (or in the range of $ 3.000 including any unforeseen expenses that may occur here and there).
If anyone's interested, I'll send by PM the contact details of the shipping agent and the reference number of the quote.
As soon as I'll get further quotes, will post them here.
Cheers!

Last edited:
I want those seats for my BJ44!

I have received another shipping quote, this time for West Coast, from Zeebrugge / Belgium to Port Hueneme, CA - the shipping company is www.shipoverseas.com

Shipping method: RoRo
Ship from: Zeebrugge, Belgium
Ship to: Port Hueneme, CA
1992 Toyota Land Cruiser (Operable)
L: 184.0" W: 71.0" H: 69.00"
V: 522 cu. ft.W: 5622 lbs

Quote Details

Ocean Shipping
$1,962.00​
ISF filing
$40.00​
Terminal Receiving Charges at Origin
$220.00​
Total Rate:
$2,222.00​

Clearing charges at the port of destination are NOT included in this quote.
Optional Total Loss Insurance would be 1,25% of the declared value.

The trailer shipping fee from Bucharest / Romania to Zeebrugge / Belgium would be another EUR 800 (about $940.00), so a total shipping cost of $3.162.00 from actual location to Port Hueneme / CA.

@gr8ful - Thanks for the head's up.

I am not located in the US, so I am not aware of the US legislation. I wasn't try to scam anyone.
However the actual 1KZ-T engine is registered within the ownership title. Please see the photo below.

For anyone interested about this truck, (European, American, Canadian, or anyone else who would like to have this truck) I can send in private a scanned copy of the ownership title so they can check on their own if the vehicle would be legal in their country or state.

I offer full transparency, so please ask all the questions you have, I'll do my best to answer them.

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-22 at 20.53.53.jpeg

@gr8ful - Thanks for the head's up.

I am not located in the US, so I am not aware of the US legislation. I wasn't try to scam anyone.
However the actual 1KZ-T engine is registered within the ownership title. Please see the photo below.

For anyone interested about this truck, (European, American, Canadian, or anyone else who would like to have this truck) I can send in private a scanned copy of the ownership title so they can check on their own if the vehicle would be legal in their country or state.

I offer full transparency, so please ask all the questions you have, I'll do my best to answer them.

View attachment 2818547
Hi there,

Sorry, I did not mean to imply in any way tht you aren’t 100% legitimate. Quite the opposite actually, I think you’ve created a spectacular truck! I just thought it would be helpful for any prospective buyer here in the USA to be aware of the restriction & risk.

The exemption that allows for non US spec cars to be imported, requires that the have the original engine in the vehicle, so engine swaps aren’t allowed. Customs doesn’t generally pay attention to it, but the cost of getting caught would be to have to ship the truck back, or have it crushed if you didn’t want to re-export. A buyer just needs to be willing to take the risk.

Good luck & all the best! It looks like a great truck!

Hey, it's alright, no offence was taken. When I wrote thanks for the heads up, I really meant that. This is not a $50 deal, and if it would run into such a problem, it would be also my problem, not only the buyer's.
Anyway, I will ask a friend of mine from NY to check with the customs authority at Newark vehicle terminal, if this import to the US could be done, given the existing engine swap situation and the existing documents. Will come back with further information, as soon as I'll get some.

Hey, it's alright, no offence was taken. When I wrote thanks for the heads up, I really meant that. This is not a $50 deal, and if it would run into such a problem, it would be also my problem, not only the buyer's.
Anyway, I will ask a friend of mine from NY to check with the customs authority at Newark vehicle terminal, if this import to the US could be done, given the existing engine swap situation and the existing documents. Will come back with further information, as soon as I'll get some.
For future knowledge, in case you do more of these, you can swap in a mtn engine that is US compliant/certified & still import it. So you could put a 1fz-fe from an fzj80 into one & import as many as you like. Although you would lose the diesel benefits, I think a truck like that would sell well here. Since so many Americans are very comfortable working on those engines, and know that parts are easy to source.

Like Tony says the odds of getting caught are low, but the penalties are sky high if they catch you & believe that the importer knowingly lied on the docs.

For future knowledge, in case you do more of these, you can swap in a mtn engine that is US compliant/certified & still import it. So you could put a 1fz-fe from an fzj80 into one & import as many as you like. Although you would lose the diesel benefits, I think a truck like that would sell well here. Since so many Americans are very comfortable working on those engines, and know that parts are easy to source.

Like Tony says the odds of getting caught are low, but the penalties are sky high if they catch you & believe that the importer knowingly lied on the docs.

As an added note; the 1KZ (as well as all 1HD variants, 1HZ, 1KD, ect...) are all legal and importable on their own. As long as it was ORIGINALLY manufactured 21 years ago and in it's original config, it's exempt. Not to be confused with the 25 year complete car import rule.

As an added note; the 1KZ (as well as all 1HD variants, 1HZ, 1KD, ect...) are all legal and importable on their own. As long as it was ORIGINALLY manufactured 21 years ago and in it's original config, it's exempt. Not to be confused with the 25 year complete car import rule.
Can you provide a reference / proof from the EPA website or EPA form about this? Trying to refresh my own memory on this. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom