Builds ERG80's 1997 T100 SR5 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A few days after kayaking the truck’s check engine light came on and showed a PO450 code. Womp womp. The truck was sluggish and would shake when I applied gas. Not good. What I could find online showed this code was due to the vapor pressure sensor. It’s no longer available from Toyota but Luckily eBay had a used one from a low mileage 98-01 4Runner which plugs right up to the wiring and clips on the same place -p/n 89460-0W070. I installed it and while I was under the hood I installed new plugs and wires. While doing that I noticed a large crack in one of the vacuum hoses. The hose had different id’s at each end so I had to create a new one using two sized hoses and a connector I had in my air compressor hardware stash.
So far so good. No check engine light and the light tune-up seemed to have helped pep up the truck.

IMG_2206.jpeg

I made an accessory mount and got inspiration for it from my 80 series’ useless cubby insert from witsend. It nowhere near as nice but does the job. Originally I thought I would make my own solid insert to slide into where the cupholder used to be. Then I got smart and just attached the new accessory mount to the cupholder instead. Solid and much easier. I can see and reach all climate controls.
I don’t think I’d ever put cups and the phone there together because of the cupholder deflection but it’s an option if needed.

IMG_2294.jpeg

IMG_2295.jpeg

IMG_2296.jpeg

IMG_2297.jpeg

IMG_2298.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom