engine swap questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

caladin

Noob, but trying to learn
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
bz93.com
what are the ball park figured for an LS or SBC swap into an f60 (82)? self and at a shop.

May have cooked my motor. oil cooler hose popped, missed it, Got so hot it shut off and was smoking. Though it was the brake fluid I'd accidentally fill perfectly, then put the float in, taking it almost to the top.

Apparently I'm a ****ing moron.

Last edited:
lots of variables,
swapping the trans also?

current guess same trans, just replace motor.

If keeping the existing H42, using a Marks adapter and basic used Gen 3 5.3 around $13k-ish out the door here with a 2-3 week turnaround time. If putting an H55f in, add $2850 for the transmission plus the necessary t-case work.

Obviously brand new engine, changing to an auto, Fancy gauges, etc all will rack up cost but simply swapping a basic good running Gen 3 in place of a 2F is very straightforwards.

You can do a lot of repair work to your existing engine for $7K to $13K-ish, especially if you do it yourself. Find out what is wrong with your engine.

How did it stop running? Can you turn the engine over by hand? can you do a compression test or pressure leak down test?

It seems from another one of your threads you already have a known head gasket leak. That may be the only thing you need to do.

You can do a lot of repair work to your existing engine for $7K to $13K-ish, especially if you do it yourself. Find out what is wrong with your engine.

How did it stop running? Can you turn the engine over by hand? can you do a compression test or pressure leak down test?

It seems from another one of your threads you already have a known head gasket leak. That may be the only thing you need to do.
Just the starter, and the fact when i put it gear on my sloped driveway, vehicle weight made the engine rotate.
after that starter spins it for a bit, then it locks back up so the starter cant' spin..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom