Engine oil plug stripped the pan! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
F7C347D0-D009-4972-8DB6-A8B40C1F3D88.jpeg

I’ve only changed oil at Toyota, but they said my ‘99 oil drain plug has stripped in the pan. So they saying to replace the pan $2100 Lol

They said wear and tear, but is this a common problem?

btw it is FRED ANDERSON TOYOTA of Raleigh, I will keep you posted if they right this wrong, Im supposed to speak with service manager tomorrow. They saying 17 hours labor

Last edited:
No it is not a common problem and that should not happen if threaded in correctly and not over torqued. I would demand they fix there problem they created. Drilling and tapping the hole oversize would be the repair I would attempt if I caused the problem.

Might be a previous helicoil repair that has unthreaded. I've not used them before so....

That's some BS they're calling it "normal wear and tear" lol. I'd likely do the drill/tap to larger size. If they won't do it, you can get an expanding rubber drain plug to hold over temporarily

btw it is FRED ANDERSON TOYOTA of Raleigh, I will keep you posted if they right this wrong, Im supposed to speak with service manager tomorrow. They saying 17 hours labor

Looks like they need to learn to use a gasket on the bolt...

ask to see what the hole looks like, is it smooth? or threaded? if threaded it was a helicoil repair that had been done previously

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom