Ends of the Earth - Hurricane Sandy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$105 PayPal'd from the Wellers and Cisco Employees. Godspeed gentlemen!

:beer: R

Thanks Ramon!

Gotta grab a little breakfast, then some serious grocery shoppin', then we're on our way to AC!

Mmmmmmm, biscuts and graaaaavy.

ForumRunner_20121117_080240.jpg

ForumRunner_20121117_080240.jpg

We'll be thinking of you...my apologies for any disappointments I might've caused - men plan and God laughs..updates when you can

No worries charity! There will always be another trip :D

On our way home. Pics to come.

What used to be the boardwalk in AC.

EDIT: pic removed

Last edited:
Glad you all are doing this. I am busy being the class clown on Monster drinks.

Glad you all are doing this. I am busy being the class clown on Monster drinks.

Just doing what we can to do our part brother.

Got back to Durham @ 11:50pm. 1000 miles clocked. Mission: SUCCESS!

Full trip report in the next day or two.

Thanks to all who supported and / or contributed to this relief trip!

Just doing what we can to do our part brother.

Got back to Durham @ 11:50pm. 1000 miles clocked. Mission: SUCCESS!

Full trip report in the next day or two.

Thanks to all who supported and / or contributed to this relief trip!

Please know that if we want a picture submitted for publication in TT, it shouldn't be posted on-line. If you have any "candidates", we can send them to Todd and if they "aren't worthy", he'll let us know and we can post away.

But, if we have one of those amazing "Kodak moments"...:hmm:

Please know that if we want a picture submitted for publication in TT, it shouldn't be posted on-line. If you have any "candidates", we can send them to Todd and if they "aren't worthy", he'll let us know and we can post away.

But, if we have one of those amazing "Kodak moments"...:hmm:

"Posted on line" as in cannot be hosted in an online web album?

I was actually planning on writing and submitting something to TT about ONSC's trip Saturday.
I'm pretty excited about how the club (which I am technically a member of, but haven't been long enough to meet anyone but Johnny) went from 0 to 60 in no time and got a trailer full of stuff to NJ. That's awesome! It felt like a good idea since I still feel like a 3rd party observer in this. Let me know if theres a better idea. :).

Brief Writeup:

Thank you everyone for supporting the trip up to the Atlantic City Rescue Mission this past weekend!! It was a huge success! Allen, his wife and I brought a 6’x12’ full of toiletries and clothes, along with a pickup bed full of food. The people at the mission we extremely grateful that we drove from NC all the way up to AC, NJ!

Our trip went like this:
- Left Durham @ 5:45pm on Friday
- Drove up to Aberdeen, MD by 11:50pm and grabbed a hotel
- Woke up and went shopping at the nearest Shop-Rite ( they gave us 5% off of everything! )
- Drove up to the mission by 12:00pm on Saturday and unloaded everything
- Drove around AC to get an idea as to what damage was incurred
- Attempted to drive up to Seaside Heights but got stopped ( police not letting people onto the island )
- Drove back to Durham and got back at 11:30pm on Saturday.

Here is a link to the album with the pictures I took. I’m by no means a photographer, but some of them came out alright :D

http://goo.gl/XVpYI

Last edited:
I was actually planning on writing and submitting something to TT about ONSC's trip Saturday.
I'm pretty excited about how the club (which I am technically a member of, but haven't been long enough to meet anyone but Johnny) went from 0 to 60 in no time and got a trailer full of stuff to NJ. That's awesome! It felt like a good idea since I still feel like a 3rd party observer in this. Let me know if theres a better idea. :).

Jerry had expressed interest in writing the article, so let's defer to him.

Jerry, do you still want to write the article or should someone else?

Thanks!

Way to go guys!
awesome effort in putting this together AND pulling it off.
Again my thanks for your efforts.

My allen? R u two dating? :)

Good job guys! If u do another trip i have some stuff that can go

My allen? R u two dating? :)

I kinda wondered about that myself.

Johnny - You don't own me! I do whateva I want!

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the cause!

"Posted on line" as in cannot be hosted in an online web album?

As with "most" periodicals, they want "exclusive" rights to said photos. In previously documented events, some photos didn't get to be seen by the public until the publication date.

Jerry had expressed interest in writing the article, so let's defer to him.

Jerry, do you still want to write the article or should someone else?

Thanks!

We have missed the content deadline for the Jan/Feb issue, so we have some time to develop something. I'm totally open as to how this adventure is documented and/or submitted for publication.

I/we can submit as a Chapter Report or anyone can write up and document for submission to Toyota Trails. Since I had no part, I'd take the notes and put something together. However, someone who was actually there, might be able to give perspective to the situation that I couldn't.

As with when Al submitted his tribute to Logan, I only helped with editing and facilitating the submission.

I'm open to either option. Just thought it was an effort put out by a handful of our club members that deserves some recognition...:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom