Ends of the Earth - Hurricane Sandy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All right then. Lets fill these trailers up!
Next week I can park my trailer in some central location so donations can be loaded at the convenience of ONSC members. We need to be loaded late Friday to roll out in time to unload in NJ.

Last edited:
When were you thinking we should roll out? I talked to Johnny about it last night. I think we need to get at least a good chunk of the way on Friday or else we'll be cutting it close to dark on Saturday when we get there.

We should give ourselves about 10hrs to get there so leaving in the middle of the night on friday would be fine with me. I'll bring the Go Fast!

I was thinking about leaving earlier on Friday, getting a good bit of the way, then crashing somewhere, so we can get there fairly early, but also be awake. Driving the red-eye isn't a good idea for me. If you guys wanna go that route, we can just plan to meet up there or something.

We are out :frown: - sending a paypal donation to the club in the morning. You guys be careful and keep us posted!

What are we doing with monetary donations. Giving the money to the mission or spending it on stuff at Costco?
Allen, if you wanna do it that way we could meet just north of DC on Saturday morning. I wouldn't be able to leave until friday evening.
Don't worry Charity, I'm sure there will be another natural disaster within the next year to participate in.

What are we doing with monetary donations. Giving the money to the mission or spending it on stuff at Costco?
Allen, if you wanna do it that way we could meet just north of DC on Saturday morning. I wouldn't be able to leave until friday evening.
Don't worry Charity, I'm sure there will be another natural disaster within the next year to participate in.

I think the plan is to use the money to buy a bunch of stuff when we get in the AC area. By "stuff", I mean some of the more perishable food items on the list of needed items (maybe a few frozen turkeys).

I think that'll work for us. We'll probably get a start sometime Friday early afternoon and get up north of DC. We'll meet up with you guys Saturday morning and try to get into AC around noonish, if possible.

Charity - No problem. Let us know though if Best Buy comes through as a drop off point, or wants to donate anything.

sorry guys . looks like i'm out on this one too....be safe and godspeed

Mike / Johnny - How are you guys doing on donations? I've got a few bins full here at work, and hopefully stuff will start piling in as we approach Friday. I went out and bought a bunch of stuff to donate over the weekend and have started going through the closet. Just wondering how you guys are doing? I know you've got that huge trailer to try and fill.

Charity - Any luck with Best Buy?

We've only got a few days left. I really hope we can at least make it worth the trip up. I'm going either way, but I'd really like to go with a full trailer!

I have stuff i can donate but will not be able to make trip. Not sure how to get it to u guys

I've got enough to fill the back of the landcruiser. That said, it may not be logical to bring the 28ft trailer unless there is a wealth of stuff being collected by other members.
Adam, get it to raleigh.
Does anyone have a bunch of stuff ready to start loading?

I have a few pictures to share. My buddy Larry in Dayton, OH (mentioned in earlier post) went to NJ Saturday with donations. He decided on another place he was directed to by a local fire station that is helping to distribute items in the Toms River area.
Someone let him borrow an enclosed trailer to take along with filling the bed of his Chevy dually.
Hope the pictures help you guys get excited about it, only a few days away :)

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

That's a good idea. I'll contact the one with clothes to give away and do a little more searching.

Good idea Terry! I don't have space for the furniture :frown:

My whole center knows about this effort and collection boxes have been distributed.

Mike, when do you plan on leaving?

I think we're taking off just after mid-day on Friday and we'll probably grab a hotel in Aberdeen, MD.

Not sure what time Mike can get rolling, but he said something about leaving Friday night and driving through. He mentioned meeting up Saturday morning on the way up. You guys can keep us updated on your progress and we'll meet you in Aberdeen. Sound good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom