Ends of the Earth - Hurricane Sandy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think we're taking off just after mid-day on Friday and we'll probably grab a hotel in Aberdeen, MD.

Not sure what time Mike can get rolling, but he said something about leaving Friday night and driving through. He mentioned meeting up Saturday morning on the way up. You guys can keep us updated on your progress and we'll meet you in Aberdeen. Sound good?

Sounds good to me brother.

Sorry, we're all just getting over the flu here - where the best place to send $ for you guys?

Sent from my EVO using IH8MUD

Alan, do you have a full trailer? How much stuff r we gonna have total? Who all is going?
I only have a handful of stuff to bring and as much as i would love to make the journey, i don't think it's necessary for me to drive if everything will fit in one truck and trailer. How many people can fit in your truck?

Charity - Paypal to the club account. Just make sure you note that it's for Hurricane Sandy Relief.

Mike - Won't know until we load the trailer today at work. If all you have is just a little stuff, I could probably fit it either in the trailer or back of the Tundra. I've got plenty of room in the back for 2-3 adults, but whoever rides along has to be able to leave early to mid-afternoon tomorrow.

Really hope it's not just me and my wife going. We're going either way, obviously, but it's always nice to have strength in numbers.

Last edited:
Alan, do you have a full trailer? How much stuff r we gonna have total? Who all is going?
I only have a handful of stuff to bring and as much as i would love to make the journey, i don't think it's necessary for me to drive if everything will fit in one truck and trailer. How many people can fit in your truck?

Seriously? Two days before we're going to leave?

C'mon man, we'll fill your truck right to the top. Fuel is paid for and there is at least $400 worth of donations on top of what we already have.

Charity - Paypal to the club account. Just make sure you note that it's for Hurricane Sandy Relief.

Mike - Won't know until we load the trailer today at work. If all you have is just a little stuff, I could probably fit it either in the trailer or back of the Tundra. I've got plenty of room in the back for 2-3 adults, but whoever rides along has to be able to leave early to mid-afternoon tomorrow.

Really hope it's not just me and my wife going. We're going either way, obviously, but it's always nice to have strength in numbers.

I am planning on going, but I'm not sure how feasible it is for me to leave that early on Friday. What time exactly?

Alan, let me know what kind of room you have after loading the trailer. My bottom line on this is to be reasonable about transporting our donations. I would need a lot more stuff than i have to justify driving a second truck. I was hoping donations would pour in but folks around here just lost interest after the first few days. Also local churches put up some strong competition. The amount of stuff i have would easily fit in the back seat of my f250.
As for leaving tomorrow, I wouldn't be able to hit the road until evening at the earliest.
I'd rather not waste club funds on fuel when it can be put towards providing for people in need. I can bring my stuff in the morning if things work out that way.

Alan, let me know what kind of room you have after loading the trailer. My bottom line on this is to be reasonable about transporting our donations. I would need a lot more stuff than i have to justify driving a second truck. I was hoping donations would pour in but folks around here just lost interest after the first few days. Also local churches put up some strong competition. The amount of stuff i have would easily fit in the back seat of my f250.
As for leaving tomorrow, I wouldn't be able to hit the road until evening at the earliest.
I'd rather not waste club funds on fuel when it can be put towards providing for people in need. I can bring my stuff in the morning if things work out that way.

While I hear you, I'm getting some serious support from people here at Cisco. I've got a decent amount of stuff and at ~$200 in cash already. Everything I've communicated to all of the people here at Cisco articulates that I'm collecting up till Friday, not today.

I cannot leave earlier than ~5:00pm on Friday. I have to meet my landlord for a property appraisal Friday morning, then get into work to collect all of the stuff.

Allen, I hate to push back your leave time, but would it be possible to leave immediately after work tomorrow since Mike isn't going?

I can push back my departure. Only issue is that I reserved a hotel room for me and the wife in Aberdeen, MD tomorrow night so that we could meet up w/ you and Mike in the morning. The room is non-refundable, unfortunately.

Mike - I agree that if you don't have enough in donations, it doesn't make sense to spend the fuel money. We can put that fuel money towards more donations. While I've got quite a bit of stuff, I think I'll be able to fit more. If you want to bring your stuff by tomorrow morning, you can either bring it early to my house, or later on to where I work. Either way works for me.

I never said i wasn't going. I'm trying to gauge whether or not another rig is necessary for the amount of donations we all have. $300 of fuel money buys a lot of Turkey.

I have some stuff, too. Some clothes, diapers, etc. I want to go, but we are in the process of buying a 4runner and it depends on how all of that shakes out.

Mike - Like I said, I definitely agree with you on the fuel vs. turkey money thing. There looks to be plenty of room in my trailer for more stuff. It's probably only gonna be about half full the way things look. Plenty of capacity for your stuff.

Terry - Totally understand. Love to have you come, but if you can't, no problem. If not, can you bring the stuff you have by my place in Durham tonight?

Alan i sent you a pm.

I can't make it tonight, as I have a Libertarian Party meeting, but I can come first thing in the am. If Mike and Johnny are going, I may just take it to Johnny though, if I end up not being able to go.

Mike is bringing his stuff by tomorrow morning around 9:00ish. If you can bring it by around then, let me know and I'll PM you my address. If not, getting it to Johnny should work fine too.

Looks like you guys are all set?!
Make sure and take plenty of pictures- would love to see them!
I have to go pick up my truck at Iron Pig tomorrow. I'll probably go Monday or Tuesday to NJ which will give another day or two for some folks to get things to me that were late.
Looks like I have a full cruiser load of stuff right now. We'll see what happens Sunday, but I may just have enough to drive the cruiser up, unload, and then buy food items up there.
As a few people mentioned, it was a little tougher than I thought collecting for this. My guess is that election coverage sucked up all the Sandy coverage, so people stopped thinking about it. But there are a lot of people in trouble in NY/NJ...and you guys are doing a great job :)
Good luck, drive safely, and send me some pictures :).

Getting ready to roll out in about 30 minutes! Got a pretty good haul.

image-2510850475.jpg

image-247392120.jpg

image-2510850475.jpg

image-247392120.jpg

We'll be thinking of you...my apologies for any disappointments I might've caused - men plan and God laughs..updates when you can!

Sent from my EVO using IH8MUD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom