emission testing while you drive (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My brother sent me some pictures today of RapidScreen mobile emissions testing in Colorado. They have a few vans set up as you accelerate onto the freeway. Its not to bust you, it simply means if you have a 1982 or newer gas vehicle and you pass by their van twice in a 10 month period, and you pass the test both times, they send you a letter in the mail saying you dont have to get your vehicle emissions done when it comes time. I guess to keep the congestion down at the emission places. My brother thought he was going to get a ticket or something with his old work van, till I looked it up. Arizona needs these, last time I went it was scorching outside and I sat forever.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

2 more pictures
4.jpg
5.jpg

I can pass that :bounce:

idle is where they get me here in AZ :rolleyes:

Interesting...Never heard of that before.

it was awefully nice! when the registration notice arrived with a note saying no emmissions test needed.

thats not the mulberry exit, it is 1-2 exits south of there, leading to ft fun!

It was at one of the Loveland exits.

We had the mobile test program a while back. Only it was to nab you and your "gross polluter". Not give you an out. Not sure why it vanished, probably lost funding. Good riddance.

I remember seeing those in CO. The state had an index of where/when the vans were setup. It was a great way to pass emissions w/ your check engine light on.

We had these in AZ a while back. The "Smog Dogs". A huge scandal, the setup was strictly to catch the big polluters, which was all fine and dandy until somebody realized the gas-powered generators they were using to power the whole works polluted more than several DOZEN or more vehicles combined. Fabulous planning. Your government at work! :rolleyes:

By the way, how many more times do the government watchdogs need to photograph me as I go about my lawful, private affairs?:hmm:

We had these in AZ a while back. The "Smog Dogs". A huge scandal, the setup was strictly to catch the big polluters, which was all fine and dandy until somebody realized the gas-powered generators they were using to power the whole works polluted more than several DOZEN or more vehicles combined. Fabulous planning. Your government at work! :rolleyes:

By the way, how many more times do the government watchdogs need to photograph me as I go about my lawful, private affairs?:hmm:

Were keeping our eyes on you Mr Sahr....:cool::cool:

tin foil hat alert !

yeah i remeber getting hit by teh Smog dogs once back in my old 90 mazda 929s what a freakin nightmare....had to fork money i didnt really have at the time cuz my NOX levels were to high. and after several O2 sensors a few EGR valves and solenoids and eventually a new CAT, she barely passed and a $2k later. and yet 8 months later she failed the annual test. and then had to start this all over again aso a few more O2 sensors . cuz they apparently put the wrongs ones in the first go around. needless to say the ppl working it were great mechanics but yet teh whole putting in teh wrong O2 unit still baffles me to this day....... so yeah fxxx the smog dogs .....i admit i like the part if you pass it and you pass then ya get a waver but other than that screw them and the money making scam

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom