Builds 'Ele'Ele Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The front frame section from a 105 Series Cruiser, radius arms, complete front axle/housing, motor mounts, all steering links/rods, coils, shocks, (RHD) steering unit, pump, brake lines, etc.. I'll use a 80 steering unit more than likely.

Plan is to design a front clip mod for the guys that want it. Complete kit with new suspension. Connector plates, cut templates, steering kit, etc..

J

*not a 105 clip-just a reference pic*

front-clip-jpg.1558815
Wow. A DIY bolt/weld-in SAS kit for the 100 that uses Toyota OEM parts? That would be a game changer, for sure. A 105 with a 2UZ is the hero we need but not the one we deserve (or something).

I'm watching here! Anxious for a 105 build myself! Great work!

810lcy2NBuL._SX355_.jpg

...remote controlled actuated bear claw latch

I was already interested in seeing what you come up with for the rear bumper, now I'm anxiously awaiting!

Accessory additions? I like the sound of that. It’s awesome that you are doing R&D on new 100 series product!

I pulled over at a boiled peanut stand in Fernandina Beach Florida a few weeks ago and a guy driving a Tacoma walked up and asked me about my Truck. It ended up being @gatormark91 . When he was walking up asked if that was a dissent bumper I was running. I knew I liked the guy right then and there:) He then asked about my suspension and we found out we both run Tough Dog! Just like me he has been blown away by the performance of the Tough Dog setups, and will tell anyone that will listen. We had a good talk.

I thought It was just crazy that I could meet a stranger on the beach here on the East Coast and we could end up talking about you and @benc by name. All the way across the country from you guys. I’d say each of y’all have created quite the following. It’s good to know hard work, high quality, and great service still get it done here in America. I can’t wait to see what’s next!
I thought it was crazy that I've been dying to go to HIH, and out of all the 100s in the US, I should meet someone just back from it - at a boiled Peanut stand on the way to Amelia State Park, the same place we were going! We were only driving the Taco because we tow our travel trailer with it... wish I'd been in my 100 (with Jason's prototype bumper on it, from his old truck, Esme)...

I'd love to see what a high and tight rear bumper looks like. I'm looking at the 4x4 Labs bumper, but I'm curious to see a new alternative!

Love following your builds, the level of workmanship is next level! Love my 105 series cruiser, you guys don't get the 1HZ up there do you?

I thought it was crazy that I've been dying to go to HIH, and out of all the 100s in the US, I should meet someone just back from it - at a boiled Peanut stand on the way to Amelia State Park, the same place we were going! We were only driving the Taco because we tow our travel trailer with it... wish I'd been in my 100 (with Jason's prototype bumper on it, from his old truck, Esme)...

I'd love to see what a high and tight rear bumper looks like. I'm looking at the 4x4 Labs bumper, but I'm curious to see a new alternative!

The rear will be completely underpinned. So wing to frame will be solid steel, just like on my 200 rear.

D C REAR 3.jpg
IMG_20180317_141909727.jpg
IMG_20180311_081952593.jpg

Those struts look like the ones on the GX470 factory gate.

What would be your ideal swingout mechanism (from the current market) if struts aren't your cup of tea?

I read in your Esme build where you said Slee's rear bumper "is the cats meow" (as far as esthetics)

Genuine question as I am in the rear bumper market and you have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share.

Those struts look like the ones on the GX470 factory gate.

What would be your ideal swingout mechanism (from the current market) if struts aren't your cup of tea?

I read in your Esme build where you said Slee's rear bumper "is the cats meow" (as far as esthetics)

Genuine question as I am in the rear bumper market and you have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share.

If I couldn't build my own stuff... Slee would be the way I'd go. I still like the manual lock in and lock out spring loaded pinsn not as fancy but they don't fail. The struts are weak at the ball ends and in an off camber situation with a heavy arm the ends (even with a rubber stop) tend to snap off.

J

Got the rear locker to engage and the light to stay solid. Running figure 8s on a dirt construction site did the trick.

Ordered heater T's this afternoon.

Decided to go with my last 3" TourFlex kit on this rig. So.......
3" dual rate tapered coils, 45mm adjustable rears, 53mm fronts
diff drop
extended sway links
adjustable panhard bar
possible UCAs (Nitro or Trail Tailor, if I have them designed and made by the time I need them)
275/70R-18 Cooper ST Max (33.4")
tailgate lid- single door
low profile rack
prototype front and rear bumpers
ComeUp winch
sliders
Trail Tailor hard top tent
aluminum drop and slide ramp for Charlie (up in age and still loves to go, but getting where he can't jump up in the lifted rigs)
grill and 7" headlight conversion from @kelly saad
Trucklite headlights
not sure if I'll go with a front locker, if I do it'll be a Harrop.
LineX bottom end of panels.

More to come as time allows.

Finalized the 7075 aluminum swing arm spindle and hub with my machinist in Iowa yesterday. Should have these in a few weeks to build the rear bumper when time allows.

So aluminum will be used on everything; Sliders, bumpers, racks and skids. May even look at RLCA/RUCA 7075 arms as well.

Looks like a 3" TourFlex kit for 'Ele'Ele instead of the 105 swap. I was saving this one last set of springs just in case.

Also, talking to a shop about custom milled 18" wheels.

J

I want some alum ahc sliders for our 04 LX

I will have these as a standard offering soon.

3" x 2" x .250" main rails, 1.5" x .250" square frame runners, 3/8" frame plates, .250" gussets and 2" x .188" rub rails.

J

Got the rear locker to engage and the light to stay solid. Running figure 8s on a dirt construction site did the trick.

Ordered heater T's this afternoon.

Decided to go with my last 3" TourFlex kit on this rig. So.......
3" dual rate tapered coils, 45mm adjustable rears, 53mm fronts
diff drop
extended sway links
adjustable panhard bar
possible UCAs (Nitro or Trail Tailor, if I have them designed and made by the time I need them)
275/70R-18 Cooper ST Max (33.4")
tailgate lid- single door
low profile rack
prototype front and rear bumpers
ComeUp winch
sliders
Trail Tailor hard top tent
aluminum drop and slide ramp for Charlie (up in age and still loves to go, but getting where he can't jump up in the lifted rigs)
grill and 7" headlight conversion from @kelly saad
Trucklite headlights
not sure if I'll go with a front locker, if I do it'll be a Harrop.
LineX bottom end of panels.

More to come as time allows.

Would you mind telling me the exact sequence of things you did when you got your rear locker to engage. I'm having the same issue, not engaging and light blinking. I can find a field or dirt, just curious on the order of the steps you took in order to get yours to engage. Thanks!

Would you mind telling me the exact sequence of things you did when you got your rear locker to engage. I'm having the same issue, not engaging and light blinking. I can find a field or dirt, just curious on the order of the steps you took in order to get yours to engage. Thanks!

Loose gravel/dirt locked in low and then slow tight figure "8s" in forward and reverse. I ran it in 4WD high for a bit too.

I checked the connection at the rear actuator and tapped on it a bit with a rubber mallet as well. I've engaged it 5 more times since with no issues.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom