Electronic F & 2F Distributors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

beavers5--That kind of concerns me. I sent money I believe three days earlier than you and still no distributor or answers to any of my requests for an ETA for delivery. May I ask you when you received yours? I don't think gap is the issue-- I was under the impression backfiring can be associated with mistiming or lean fuel mixtures.

Pay Pal yes UPS no Well that is not good news---Have you dealt with backfire issue?

As stated in e-mail never worried about not getting my order--- Just couldn't get a hold of you to let you know there was a disconnect Thanks again It is supposed to get here Monday

I'm the worst at getting a hold of. My vmail fills up daily. I try my best to return calls and emails but cant possibly get to it all. I'm hiring an office person soon so hopefully communication will get better. Best way to get me is text. 864-414-0563

I know it is difficult running a business especially one that is a mix of mom and pop/international. It can't be easy trying to deliver the service you do and keep up with the thousands of contacts you must have.

Since my new to me 40 has a Chevy dizzy (SURPRISE!) which kinda makes the Pertronix unit not fit correct , I might as well do the right thing and replace it with an electronic dizzy. After reading this thread I look forward to getting it in.

I cannot get mine to work. I have it wired as GA. Architect does in his 77. I get oil pressure. My timing light says I am getting signal-- will not start. Put my old original distributor in (vacuum advance module diaphragm shot reason I am changing) Starts right up. I think it might be advance weights I can here them flip and rattle around as you tilt and position Trollhole distributor when installing. Weights do not flop around in original distributor.

Is just me or my browser? When I go to Marshall's first post on this thread I believe part of it's missing. The top part that I thought showed the prices.
Can anyone view the prices for the dizzy on his first post???

Last edited:
I dont see anything there either.

What's the price and what coil do you recommend? Any update on them coming in?

you can just use the stock coil with that dizzy.

Yeah I understand that, I currently have an AC DELCO, I believe HEI, so I don't have a coil at all. Can you use a pertronix or should I go OEM? Also do I need anything else that goes along with the coil that may have been removed from my cruiser?

You will need a ballast resistor for the OEM coil, you can also get a self ballast coil. Most go for OEM setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom