Electrical Tech Day April 6 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m super bummed. I got called in to teach a class tomorrow no one else can teach because of an instructor sickness. I was really looking forward to this. I’m sorry about the late notice but didn’t want you guys waiting on me to start. I’ll see you all at the May meeting.

BIG thanks to Ed for sharing his knowledge, ideas, and toys with us today. Valuable lessons were learned (Like why the heck did I get that crappy soldering iron when I have a good soldering gun that I should actually be using?). And thanks to the club for pizza and donuts.

I have no experience with these but all of my Knipex tools work great.

2x on the Knipex. Ryan turned me on to them back in 2006. So far I have the 10" regular pliers and the 10" smooth jawed pliers. Can't beat the grip ratio, especially with arthritic knuckles.

I liken them to someone hanging onto a rope connected to a tree branch being cut off overhead (and going for an unexpected ride), as compared to wrapping the rope end a couple of turns around a handy mounted half ring and being able to hold the rope lightly due to the friction.

Last edited:
Great, was looking for a high quality/lifetime all-rounder and 1/0 is the thickest I’ll be chopping.

that is a good quality tool but I’m not sure they will kit 1/0 easy. I use a ratcheting tool like this. (I have not used this brand and do not know the quality of this tool)
E92408A6-D963-4E7F-8557-CFE0B48CEE34.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom