Electrical Gremlins (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Check the grounds above the kick panels first. Then locate the grounding splice blocks and look at them. You have a grounding issue.

What do you mean by "sharkbites" and butt connectors? A butt connector connects the end of one wire to the end of another. The only place that should exist is for that starter wire.

What do its trigger wires connect to?
By sharkbites i mean these guys
They were used on probably 3 or 4 wires. For the rest, the installers cut the original wire in half and used a butt connector to put the wire back together and insert the wire for the Avital harness.
Solution - remove all central locking and do it the oldskool way with the key to unlock the drivers or pass front door and then manually unlock the rear door behind it if you want to.
We are back to old school now! Removed the system. It's been awhile. Kind of refreshing.
Check the grounds above the kick panels first. Then locate the grounding splice blocks and look at them. You have a grounding issue.
Will do tomorrow. Thanks.

It's going to a shop on Thursday if i don't figure it out by then which will be expensive and annoying but like I said this is my daily driver and it's a pain getting where I need to be right now.

By sharkbites i mean these guys

Those slice through wires, especially if the installer didn't choose the correct size.

For the rest, the installers cut the original wire in half and used a butt connector to put the wire back together and insert the wire for the Avital harness.

Oof. That's horrifying and means there are two possibly bad connections per wire.

Those slice through wires, especially if the installer didn't choose the correct size.

Oof. That's horrifying and means there are two possibly bad connections per wire.
Out of curisoty, other than de-pinning things and making it as factory as possible what's the preferred way of tapping into a circuit? I have done sharkbites for my trailer lights and for accessory power on a cigarette lighter for a dashcam.

Out of curisoty, other than de-pinning things and making it as factory as possible what's the preferred way of tapping into a circuit? I have done sharkbites for my trailer lights and for accessory power on a cigarette lighter for a dashcam.
To be clear, Sharkbites are plumbing fittings to join PEX tubing, or PEX to copper.
ScotchLock connectors tap into wires by cutting through the insulation, and are questionable at the best of times.
I cut and solder connections. If it needs to be removable, I'll add an OEM style connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom