Electric Fan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if someone makes an electric fan kit for the f2 motor and if so how hard is the installation? I have done a search here and couldnt find much on it. Also i have a flex fan on it right now and it is loud as he** on the highway. If I cant find an electric fan then could I put a fan with a clutch on it? If so how hard is the change?

Last edited:
don't know of a kit. If you can find a lincolin Mark VIII fan that will work too, if you have enough clearance between radiator core and front of engine.

You might also want to check out teh SPAL brand of electric fans....good performance and well made. The 16 inch high performace ones are hard to beat (not the extreme version).

Bear in mind that most electrics that pull significant air will likely tax a stock electrical system. Think at night with the heat running and the lights on with another 30 or so amps being pulled for the fan while the truck is idling or stuck...

I don't believe there is near enough room for a taurus fan on a stock cruiser..the taurus fan is approx 4 inch deep..between the rad and f/2f I thing there is only 2-3 inches. If you have a 350 under the hood you could make the combo work
Correct me if I am mistaken.

I don't believe there is near enough room for a taurus fan on a stock cruiser..the taurus fan is approx 4 inch deep..between the rad and f/2f I thing there is only 2-3 inches. If you have a 350 under the hood you could make the combo work
Correct me if I am mistaken.
I tend to agree. The Tarus fan is popular with the SBC conversion crowd.

I had some kind of electric fan on my truck when I bought it. That was replaced with an OEM mechanical fan PDQ.

Of course you can put a fan with a clutch on, that is what I would recommend.

It's pretty easy to swap out the fan, even easier if you pull the radiator and drop the front bib.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom